Val Meets Semi-Formal

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Val was chatting with Annie as they walked down the hallway on Val's first day back at school. Heads turned to stare at the girl they hadn't seen in weeks. Whispers erupted in their wake.

"Is that Val?"

"She looks so different!"

"Has anyone told Lucas she's back?"

"Val?!" Farkle's voice echoed above the others "Is that really you?"

"Farkle!" Val cried and flung herself into the genius's arms "Oh, my God, it's so good to see you!"

"You-you're really here? You're really here!" Farkle was stunned.

Lucas came up behind the genius and froze when Val spun the smaller boy around in circles. She stopped when she saw Lucas though.

"V-Val?" Lucas stuttered "What? You're back? You came back?"

"Of course I did." Val smiled "It's good to see your face."

She hugged Lucas and the cowboy lifted her up and spun in a circle holding the girl he cared for in his arms and blinking back the tears that filled his eyes. Neither of them noticed when Maya ran past, chased by Cory, covered in chalk dust.

After a long moment, Annie cleared her throat "As much as I ship you two, and I do ship you two, we've got to get to class."

"She's right." Val gently pulled away, disentangling herself from Lucas "But, let's eat lunch together. I'd love to catch up."

As she allowed Annie to pull her into her father's classroom, Val heard Zay come up behind Lucas and say "Dang, dude, you got it bad."

***

"Semi-formal coming up." Cory announced "Young men and young women interacting. Mixing in a social situation. So, to avoid any casualties, I thought we could discuss etiquette. Can anyone here tell me what etiquette is?" Maya raised her hand "No, you can't." Cory shook his head.

"Etiquette is treating people politely and with respect." Farkle moved to the front of the classroom and Val joined him "Val and I will demonstrate in a short play we put on before every dance. It's called, 'No.' Miss Matthews, would you do me the great honor of accompanying me to the semi-formal festivities?"

"Thank you for the invitation, but no." Val smiled gently.

They turned to face the class "Etiquette. Thank you." And they retook their seats.

"We'll see you at the holidays for 'A Christmas No.'" Farkle joked.

Cory pulled down the projector screen "Okay, so The school board sent me this film. It's called, 'He Asked Me, He Asked Me, He Really Asked Me.'"

"This is supposed to teach us how to act at the dance?" Lucas asked skeptically.

"They sent it. I'm showing it. You're animals."

"Oh, there's a dance, and you're planning to attend this dance that you never mentioned in my general vicinity, that dance?" Riley smiled sweetly at the boy, trying to gain his attention.

"Oh right, that reminds me, could I talk to you, V-?" Lucas turned to Riley's twin.

"Go on." Riley shut her eyes and held her hand out as if waiting for the Texan to kiss it.

"Psst. Talk after class." Cory said in a stage-whisper.

Riley opened her eyes "Have you no sense of anything?"

"Have you?" Val sighed.

"Nope. Let's watch." Cory pulled out an old film reel "Oh, what's this here? Well, enjoy the old-time picture show."