Val Meets Smackle

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

"Ancient Greece--" Cory started his class.

"What that? What that that?" Riley interrupted pointing at the present her father held.

"What thi-this?" Cory pointed at the pretty wrapped gift he held "This is a present."

Riley smiled "Is it for me?"

Maya crossed her arms "What's your game, Matthews?"

"Game? I mean no game. I just want to know who here wants this present." Everyone in the class raised their hands except for Maya making Cory look at her "Oh, Maya, what? You assume by playing hard to get, I'm gonna give it to you?"

"Well, yes. That's one of the many arrows in my quiver." Maya said, rolling her eyes like it was obvious.

Farkle shuddered "Medieval talk-- What are you doing to me, woman?"

Val looked at him weird "What?"

"Riley." Cory set the present down on Riley's desk.

"Yay!" Riley cheered, opened the box, and pulled out a small wooden horse "'The Trojan horse'?" She said incredulously.

"Surprise." Cory held out his arms.

"This isn't a present. This is one of your life lessons wrapped up in a class lesson wrapped up in a box of nothing." Riley threw the horse behind herself angrily.

Val ducked the flying wooden toy and shouted "Hey!" She crumpled up a piece of paper and chucked it at her sister's head.

"How you doing, honey?" Maya asked, concerned.

"I'm all worked up." The twins said together.

"I know." Maya nodded.

"You assumed because it was all neat and pretty that something good was inside. Ancient Troy was protected by walls. The Greeks couldn't get in, so they built a big wooden horse and left it behind. What do you think the Trojans did?" Cory asked.

"They left it there because they were afraid that somebody was trying to teach them something." Riley scowled.

"They captured it as a trophy and brought it inside. That night, the Greek soldiers crawled out of the horse and defeated Troy. What have we learned here?" Cory asked and Lucas raised his hand "Mr. Friar."

"Don't make assumptions based on what you see?" Lucas offered.

"Riley, listen, I'm sorry I made an example of you. So here's a gift for you." Cory pulled out a smaller, wrapped gift.

"Ooh-- No! I want to-- No! Pretty ribbon-- No!" Riley fought with herself.

"I'll take my chances with that, sir." Lucas said, raising his hand again.

"No, Lucas. You have to assume it was no good because the first one was no good. Aren't you all proud of me, dad?" Riley grinned, pleased with herself.

"No!" Val and Cory shouted together.

"Riley, that's not the lesson." Val groaned and put her head down on her desk.

Lucas read the card aloud "'Get out of detention free.'"

"Ooh, I could use one of those. Gimme that and I won't call you 'Ranger Rick' all week." Maya offered.

"Here you go." Lucas passed the blonde the card.

"Thanks, Ranger Roy." Maya smirked.

Lucas sighed "Lemme guess. Ranger Roy is filling in for Ranger Rick?"