📖+🌦️|Past Lives [NeiPhil]

= = = = = = = = = = = =
#22
= = = = = = = = = = = =
[M/Brunei x F/Philippines]
•Past Lives•
~Side story + soft angst~
• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~
{Warning:}
-Cringe
-Errors
-Typos
-Angst

{Note:}
-Part two of "Ang Sultana"
-Here, let mommy feed you some more angst (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ
~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

After all, what's a sultan without his sultana...

Months passed Brunei tried his best to get close to the young leader. And he did. But that was the thing, she was close with everyone. She was friendly, outgoing, and the room just brightens up whenever she comes in.

Brunei still couldn't get used to her light. She was so bright that he needs to squint his eyes whenever she walks in.

"Phili, here." The young leader turns to the older one and smiles. She was sitting at her desk, working as she usually does. The young girl's eyes sparkled at the Sultan's present, she gasps in joy as she gently takes it from his hand. "Thank you so much, sir Brunei! How did you know I like mangoes?"

Brunei chuckles. 'Because they were your favourite a long time ago.' he wanted to say, but instead, he replies with "I saw you eating them a while back and noticed how happy you were while you were eating."

Philipia giggles, "you have such an amazing attention to detail, sir Brunei." Brunei chuckles, "please, no need for the "sir", you can just call me by my name." She tilts her head, "but it's rude to call someone casually by their first name. Especially if they're older than you."

"It's rude to others, but it isn't to me. No need to be so formal, mahal." Brunei grins before walking back to the office, leaving the young girl confused. 'Mahal? Does he even know what it means?' she asks herself. But she shrugs it off and opens her drawer to pull out a kitchen knife so she can open up the fresh mango and eat it.

Brunei takes a deep sigh as he continues walking to the corridor, barely noticing anyone around him. It was only then he snapped out of his trance when he bumped into someone. "Oof-! Sorry about that!" Brunei turns his attention to another young leader, Malaysia.

"It's okay, Malaysia. I apologize for not seeing you." Malaysia smiles and nods. "Oh, don't worry! Did you come from Pia's office?" He asks and Brunei nods. "Oh good! So she's in there! Okay, thank you!" And with that, Malaysia walks past Brunei at a hurried pace. Brunei found this odd but decided to shake it off.

He still felt unease knowing that he's in the same office building as his late wife's illegitimate grandchildren, and the fact that his late wife's reincarnation is in the same office as well. Brunei sighed, 'Is this really how it's going to be?' he asked himself as he makes his way to his office.

...

Brunei sips the tomato juice that his daughter, Mahalia, packed for him for lunch. His officemates were awed at the knowledge that Brunei has a little girl waiting for him at home.

"She's not little anymore. She's an adult."

However, Brunei never bothered to mention his sons who all left his care when they became adults.

"But does she have any siblings?" Laos asked and it took Brunei a long time before he could answer. ".....yes." Myanmar chuckles, "why so hesitant, bud?" Brunei shook his head. "I'm not."

Myanmar grins. He is the oldest member of the association. Other than that, he was also one of Brunei's neighbouring countries. So of course he's heard of the former Sultan's scandals, as well as his wife's. They were the headlines of ancient times news that he couldn't help but find out the scandal in full detail. Myanmar had always adored gossip.