five

ariana turned to y/n who stood behind her after she ordered. "what do you want?" she mumbled, pulling out her card from her purse. y/n, who was too busy staring at the equipment behind the counter, hummed in response.

"just a latte, please." she replied quietly, rocking back and forth on her feet. ariana nodded and repeated y/n's order to the woman at the cashier before handing her the card.

the woman swiped it quickly before handing it back. "that'll be out in a few minutes. your name?" she questioned, raising her brows. "it's for ariana," the singer replied, shoving her card back into the wallet that sat in her purse.

the two walked away with that, taking a seat at one of the booths along the wall. y/n's eyes still wandered around the place, sudden things sparking her interest.

a couple on the other side of the shop caught her eye. they were both young, a teen boy and and girl. the girl had her cheek resting against her fist, a look of utter love filling her eyes. he looked back at her with the same look, a smile gracing his lips.

y/n's lips twitched with a smile as she thought back to how she and daisy used to be. they used to be just like those two, but then they got older and they grew into different people. they still loved each other with everything in their bodies, but something felt different.

they saw each other less due to their jobs, which caused them to be clueless on certain things about the other. interests change all the time; and y/n almost had no clue what daisy was into anymore.

y/n missed high school—only because she had daisy.

ariana followed y/n's gaze, giggling as she saw the couple smile in their dazes. "whatcha looking at, loverboy?" she frowned at the sudden nickname that spat out of her mouth, but she pushed it back and kept the teasing smile on her face.

y/n furrowed her brows curiously. "that's a new one," she giggled, rubbing her hands down her thighs. ariana scowled, waving her off. "shut up, it suits you."

y/n nodded to herself and left it alone. she kind of liked the nickname, especially since the other names ariana had given her were much less endearing.

"i don't know, i just kinda...miss it. you know?" y/n licked her lips, glancing back to the couple.

ariana looked back with her as she let out a sigh. "i know what you mean. i just...you know i feel like maybe dalton and i rushed into this so fast. i love him so much, i really do—but it hasn't felt the same for so long."

"like, this is really tmi, but we used to go at it like rabbits. but even though it was happening often, it was always passionate. i could always feel the love he had for me, it practically radiated off of him! but now i just feel like a fucking pocket pussy," ariana groaned, slumping down in her seat with a pout.

y/n chuckled, leaning her head back against the booth. "yeah..i get that. i had always felt that way when daisy and i started dating. i had the thought of "well maybe she's using me." people in school were always making jokes about me because of my condition—they said i could be the community dick for anyone who needed it because i was just desperate to get pussy." y/n rolled her eyes, thinking back to her horrid high school days.

"but god, that was so far from the truth. i was literally afraid of sex because i thought anyone who had sex with me was just gonna laugh about it after and then i'd be an even bigger joke. but daisy helped me so much. she was so nice and gentle and never made fun of me."

"we used to be really close, but now i just feel like i don't know who she is. and we're supposed to be getting married in a few months," y/n went quiet after her rant, her shoulders feeling so much lighter afterwards. "shit, i'm sorry. that was like a lot."