Part 20: Run, Run, Running

Check out the description to know what to read before this! Feel free to comment, but I beg you to be nice, as I am trying my best!

This story actually starts from the end of the Legacies book not the end of Percabeth: Their Future. Although, you have to read most of Percabeth: Their Future, to understand Legacies 2, so I would advise reading both. They are good, although some parts of them I didn't feel like I could continue, so I changed them in this story. AKA no new prophecy... yet.

Zoe's POV

Running. My only option. As I turned by back on the stadium and ripped my arm from Charlies grasp, a million questions flooded my mind. What was Charlie doing to RJ? Did my parents know? Is RJ okay? 

My feet pounding against the hard pavement, my face paint smeared by tears, I heard my name in the distance. Charlie, RJ, my parents? I didn't stop to look.

It had been over half an hour of running and pounding feet, when I finally noticed I had no idea where I was, and that was when the panic really set in.

I was far from home, alone, and with no way to get back. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go back. To Charlie. To RJ. To my family. To face disappointment and worried eyes and "Where were you?!?"

I couldn't do it, but I had to come back at some point. Unless... unless I could go to camp!!!

My moment of happiness faded away. Even if I could make it to long island by tonight, which I was in no shape to do, Chiron would send me right back to my parents. 

What choice did I have? I looked around and jumped. The shiny sea was brimming by my toes. How? I asked myself. Did my body take me here knowing what I needed? Or did a god? Was it Poseidon, looking out for me?

I smiled at the comforting hug of sand around my toes, the cool water. My happy place. My favorite spot in all of New York. 

That was when it hit me. I wanted to take RJ here. I wanted to live here. I wanted to see Charlie again, no matter how much I hated him. My body finally collapsed, sobbing. 

I was surprised I had any liquids left in me, after crying on the way over. I stepped deeper into the sea, one foot after another. 

As I walked, it revived me, I felt better, less tired, warm, at home. I almost expected to smell blue chocolate chip cookies as I went head under.

As I swam downward, breathing in the salty air from my bubble, I felt sad. Better, but sad. The coral, brightly colored schools of fish, nothing helped. I wanted to do something, anything, but I just didn't know. What could I do?

I walked around at the bottom of the sea for what felt like hours. Walking by coral, sea animals, deep caverns, everything. Normally the pressure would have killed a mortal, even if they had swim gear on, but not any grandchild of Poseidon.

Well, speak of the devil, sorry, God. 

"HOLY HADES!" I shouted in my bubble of air as Poseidon appeared in front of me. Tall, with his trident in one hand, standing above me, well, floating.

"Hello, grandchild." He said, his voice muffled, but still very audible. 

"Umm, hi." I said. What was I supposed to say, Whats up bro?!? And give him a fist bump?

"It is time for you to return home, Blackjack is waiting." He said. 

"How long has it been?" I asked.

"6 hours, your family was worried sick." He responded. I waited for him to shame me, or give me false words of comfort. He didn't. "The choice is yours, if you wish to stay you are welcome to, and if you want to leave, head to the surface, and Blackjack will be waiting there."

I nodded.

I thought for an hour, which might have been 12, based on what Poseidon said. I had to return, to my family, to my horrible brother, to my boyfriend. The time for bravery was here.

Thanks for reading! I will post again as soon as possible! Let me know what you think and remember, don't cyber bully!

-Author