Part 48: The Lovebirds

Zoe's POV

"Oh my Gods!" I yelled. What the Tartarus had just happened?!?!

I didn't even care about the thought of Tartarus. I cared about saving my siblings.

I rushed over to where they had fallen. They were twitching on the ground. I knew what it meant.

"The next part of the prophecy has come true, and we have to follow the rest of it." I said, my voice full of determination, even though I felt discouraged.

We all looked around at each other. We knew what we had to do. And I knew my role would be the hardest.

"You guys need to find the child, and everything about her. I need to fight Hera." They looked at me with nervousness in their eyes.

"We can't let you. I can't." RJ said, sincerity in his voice.

"RJ, I have to." I said, he had to understand.

"No, I said I'd protect you. I can't let you go to harm." He said. Everyone else was staring intently at us.

I walked up to him and placed my hand on his cheek.

"I am not the same little girl who you started dating a year ago. I have changed, and I can't have you protecting me all the time. I have to do things on my own. No matter how hard it is for you, the best thing you can do for me is respect my wishes. I have enough people in my life telling me I can't do things, as a child, as a girl, as a demigod. People can't understand how strong I am. I can do this." I said, my heart thumping with every word and beating faster waiting for a response.

He nodded. I leaned my head in and we kissed. Long and passionately, enough to make everyone there awkward that they were staring at us.

I stepped away. "Find the truth you guys. I'll do my part." I said, and disappeared down an alley. Time to give that cow a taste of her own medicine.

Thanks for reading! I'm so glad the story is heating up! Please vote if you like the story. It takes one second, it makes my day, you know what to do. Love you guys!

-Author