Part 25: The Hospital

Thanks for reading to this point! Love you guys!

Annabeth's POV

I would have been better dead. All the times I had saved Percy and he had to have felt like he owed me. Why did he have to try and pay for it with his life?

I stabbed the monster, reducing it to dust.

I called Will, who was thankfully in New York. As soon as I sputtered out what had happened he hung up, heading on his way.

I held Percy in my hands, he was barely conscious. I tore off my jacket and wrapped it around the gash in his middle. I ran inside and grabbed the ambrosia and nectar.

Will arrived with an ambulance. I wasn't allowed in. At this, I started fighting to reach Percy. Will had to restrain me. I tried so hard to break through. To reach the man I loved.

They finally fought me off and I had to drive behind them. I zoomed after them in our Subaru and I had to stop myself from breaking every traffic law. I could hardly see through the tears.

We finally arrived at the hospital and I zoomed inside after Percy, trying to get into the ER room with Percy. When they didn't let me in I panicked, trying to fight my way through. Eventually I waited in the lobby.

I was so scared. All me and Percy had been through. If he... no I couldn't think like that, I had to be strong. I called Piper and Jason from their home in California and they said they were on their way. I called Leo and Calypso from their motor garage in San Juan. I also called Sally and Paul, plus Nico and Thalia, the newlywed couple living in NY. Since they were so Emo, they only invited dead people, #rude. They all were coming.

Finally after an hour of agonizing waiting Sally and Paul, plus Nico and Thalia. Came in and hugged me, then sat beside me to wait.

It was another hour before Will came out of the ER room. He inhaled, holding back tears. My shoulders slumped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He is alive, but he won't be able to walk for a while." Will said. I cried with relief. He may have hit a setback, but he was alive!

"Can I see him?" I asked, not daring to hope.

He nodded. I rushed into the ER room, Percy was sitting there with a bandage around his middle. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey wise girl." He said in a raspy voice.

"Hey, seaweed brain." I said, my voice soft and scared.

I walked over to him. Brushing his hair with my fingers, and holding his hands in my other one.

He smiled.

Suddenly, the question burst forth. "Why did you have to do that, it isn't like you owe me."

Percy sighed. "You saved my life and I wanted to pay you back, yes, but you are critical to our family, and my life. I would rather die than be without you."

I leaned forward and kissed him.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment! Love you guys!

-Author