Part 41: Artemis

Bianca's POV

The following day we set off on our quest. Well, by setting off we went to Zoe's bedroom. We were fighting against a god, and we needed to know our stuff. Plus, there was a lot of Greek mythology in Zoe's room. We read up on Ruth.

The story said...

And then there was Ruth. Like the titans born to oppose the Gods a single child was chosen to oppose the worst of them, or so thought by many at the time. Hera.

Ruth was born at the beginning of time, before the Gods, and born an immortal. The small child was born with no family, only born with gifts. They served her like best friends, but only inside her head.

No family took a toll on Ruth. Life lost meaning as the world crumbled. Yet it was only her world. One day, the stories of the Gods reached her ears. She immediately felt disgust at the fact the Goddess of Family had stolen hers. She seeked out the story of Hera. Linking it piece by piece.

Decades turned into centuries as she scoured the Earth for centuries. She was finally led to Hera's palace on Olympus. She confronted the Goddess and was consequently born to suffer in the dungeon by herself, eternally, with only the voices in her head for company.

Everyone stared at each other.

"Okay, so we have to find Ruth, to solve this quest." Silena said.

I said, "Yeah, but she is at Olympus, it will be hard to get there."

Everyone sat in silence, broken by a fart. "Eww!" Charlie yelled. "Who did it?"

RJ, spoke up. "Sorry, prophecies make me gassy." Everyone laughed, even with the daunting task ahead, it would be better with all of my friends beside me. Especially Elle, daughter of Leo and Calypso, and sister of Tristan. Gods, did I say that?

"Yes, you did. In your head." Said the Goddess Artemis behind us.

Everyone looked shocked, but I kept my cool.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, worried. I rarely saw Artemis.

"Look, I know you can't be thinking about overthrowing Hera."

Zoe spoke up, "We aren't. The prophecy says we just have to find the truth. All we need is to speak with this Ruth girl, and we will be done. It isn't like we are trying to take her throne or anything."

Artemis looked speechless, but she composed herself. "Alright, be careful." She said, and disappeared.

We started our journey.

Thanks for reading! I love you guys!

-Author