Part 56: Surprise!

Hey guys! Sorry about the whole RJ and Zoe disaster, but things get better in this chapter and everything is back to normal by not the next chapter, but the one after that. Hang on!

Annabeth's POV

Knock, knock, knock.

"Don't come in." I heard Zoe's response through her tightly shut door.

"Oh, don't you remember honey. I'm your mom, a knock is just a polite way to say I'm coming in." I said, remembering the last RJ disaster.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Ask dad, I saw him afterwards. He'd been listening." Zoe said, tears welling up in her eyes at the memory.

It broke my heart to see my little girl like this, but at that moment I heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. There was Charlie. I knew that he'd probably make her feel better than I could, so I exited and left the floor to him, blowing a kiss to Zoe.

Charlie's POV

"Hey sis." I said, upon entering Zoe looked, well... broken.

"Hey," she said, and tried to smile. "Just so you know, you're free to beat up RJ now." She said, letting out a small laugh that immediately turned into a rack of sobs.

"It's okay. RJ's not a fool. He'll come back and wish he was yours. But what are you gonna do about the Gods request?"

"Oh, that I do know." Said Zoe, straightening up. "I don't give a Minotaurs poop about what anyone thinks about me at this point. I'm done with all of it. I'll do what I want. So my terms are I'll be the Goddess as long as I can visit whoever I want and anyone can visit me on the weekend. I get Sundays off or free leave during an emergency or a special occasion, including Holidays. I get to have the summer and the last year of High School free. I retire at 65. I don't want immortality."

Honestly, hearing these things made my chest lighten a little. This was better than I could hope for.

"I'm glad. Do you want me to get you anything?" I asked her.

"2 pints of rocky road, a tall glass of lemonade, pasta, sweats, a blanket, and rent Beetlejuice the Musical (A/N: All you gotta do is say my name!)." She said, a glint of hopefulness in her eye.

I nodded with a smile and left the room.

Zoe's POV

Elle and Haley came in next, giving me big hugs. 

"How are you?" Elle asked.

"A little crappy." I said, wiping my face off.

"I know what would make you feel better." Said Haley, cracking a grin.

"Okay...what?" I asked, slightly intrigued.

Elle and Haley gave each other a look. "Revenge." They said at the same time, in deep tones.

"Hahahaha. Wait, actually, yeah." I said, catching on.

"How?" I asked, sitting up fully.

"Oh, you're gonna get yourself a boyfriend. Got anyone in mind?" Haley said, eyebrows raised.

"Actually, I know just the right person. And they're related." I said, smiling. RJ wouldn't know what hit him. The old Zoe was back, and it was time to show the pranksters son, what a prankster I could be.

Charlie's POV

I walked down the road to RJ's house after giving the stuff to Zoe. She had seemed better, but still sad. RJ was going to pay if he wouldn't cooperate.

You see, I'm not naturally violent, but I can be, if someone I love is hurt. So either RJ cheered my sister up, or I beat him up. Simple.

I knocked on the door and Katie answered. "Oh, hey Charlie. Come on in. RJ's upstairs." She said, I quickly headed up.