Part 51: The Battle of Wills

Zoe's POV

I had to figure out my game plan. The only problem was it seemed impossible. I was a mere demigod who would have to defeat a powerful Goddess. Sure, I was skilled, yet I didn't even know what the prophecy wanted me to do exactly.

I guess it wasn't so much of a logical decision, although logic did play a factor. I had to fight. Someone would break. Me? Not without a fight.

My heart told me that while Hera was the embodiment of women, she was the embodiment of everything some men believe women are. Strong, and useful, but nothing more. Devoid of emotions, only caring of success. 

I knew I didn't trust Hera from the beginning, and now was my time to fight her. But I knew strength would not be my friend. I had other powers to, though. A firm will and a logical brain.

My story was about to reach its climax. 

I entered the Empire State Building with a confidence in my step. The man recognized me from earlier, and let me into the elevator without a word.

As I took the stomach churning ride to the top. My brain and heart were talking, and within the conversation, I knew what to do.

As I stepped out into Olympus I took the road to the center of it. To the Colosseum. To the meeting place of the Gods. To the heart of them. To the heart of power.

As I entered the Gods gasped, not pleased with my interruption.

"Leave child. You are not allowed to be here." Zeus said, anger rising in his voice. "Had it not been for your parents, you would have already been destroyed. Do not test my patience."

"No, you listen. I have been in a whirlpool of discovery and in the midst of a quest the last week. I have not come here to be turned away."

I looked dead into Hera's eyes next. "Let me tell you a story..."

Thanks for reading! Things are heating up! Love you guys!

-Author