Part 44: Hera Part 2

Charlie's POV

It was time. The plan was to walk in, and demand a meeting with Hera. Me and Zoe were going to stall her. Zoe giving flattery, me being reproachful. While we did, the others would ask for a bathroom or such, and slip off to investigate, and hopefully Piper's work on Zoe would give us success. Charmspeak to save the day.

We headed boldly into the castle, considering it was a God's palace, it was rather simple on the inside. Just like a cathedral, but their was a big stained glass window of Hera. The fat cow.

Rows of benches lead up to a small stage with pictures of women lining the walls. I recognized one. "Is that... Amelia Airheart?" I said, stunned.

Zoe looked as stunned as I did. "I guess." She said. Just then Hera materialized on the small stage. It took all my will not to yell at her, the stupid beast. She had cursed Zoe, she had threatened my family. I could feel my percebear rising in me. (A/N Get it? Percebear? Lol)

As she appeared, Zoe put on her calm face. The conversation went something like this...

Hera: What are you children doing here? *cold voice of disdain*

Zoe: I would love some advice, your greatness.

Hera: Understandable, but leave these men behind.

Zoe: Leave Charlie, RJ, Arthur. You need to clean up in the bathroom anyway. *que small wink*

I filed out of the room. Now it was time to find Ruth.

Zoe's POV

I had to convince Hera to keep talking. This was gonna be fun.

Zoe: Your highness, I was wondering how you inspired all these women, and how to be one myself.

Hera: Easy, by being me. My amazing self. My perfect self.

Zoe: And how do I become a strong women?

Hera: Well, you have to teach mean their place, that's why I love the Amazon's! Such excellent role models, and I would recommend working with them.

Zoe: I know you have a past with my family, but I must know more about you. Who are all the women on your walls?

Hera: Oh, people I inspired. Strong women, maybe you'll be like them one day, and not like that Poseidon spawn. I like Athena though, just not her daughter.

Zoe: Is that one Amelia Airheart?

Hera: Yes, I actually made her a Goddess. She was one of my close friend, so when she was about to die in the Bermuda Triangle, I rescued her and made her immortal.

Zoe: Fascinating. What would your best advice be to young girls like us?

Hera: Stand out. If a man tries to block your light, knee him in the groin. Simple.

Zoe: Excellent. And what is your take on families? Being the Goddess of marriage and all.

Hera: Families are fine, but they need to be perfect. Always. A broken family is a broken life.

Zoe: I just have a few more questions...

I went on like that for another hour. Dang, Hera loves to talk. Her haughtiness was slowly revealed, but I acted interested and she ate it all up. She should have been the Goddess of vainess.

The interview was finally drawn to a end and I couldn't stretch it out any longer.

Hera: Well, I have loved our chat, but you must go.

Zoe: Understandable. I just have to find the boys, excuse me.

I tried to exit but she stopped me.

Hera: Don't play me for an idiot. I have them apprehended. Can't have them talking to Ruth anymore.

And with that, my comrades panicked around me.

Thanks for reading! I love you guys! Please vommet (vote and comment courtesy of another authors idea)

-Author