Part 53: The Fallout

Hey guys, I usually don't update on the weekends, but I got a request, and since I missed the last few weekdays, I'm gonna update today. Let me know what you think! Love you guys!

Zoe's POV

It was safe to say I might have gone a little crazy at that moment. I didn't scream, curse, cry, or kick anything, yet it felt like a rug had been pulled out from under my feet.

Of course, I couldn't faint, even though I seriously wanted to. The Gods didn't know what I knew, and I had to persuade them that I was correct. And what form of action should be taken.

Basically, I needed to overthrow Hera. A Goddess. 

It was actually easy, really. Simple, I left it to a vote, but first I had to disclose the truth.

"The woman is Hera. And I am her child."

It was like setting off a bomb, with millions more to be activated. It started with a slow thunder, and more and more voices joined in, till it was a web of yells, accusations, laughing, choking, crying, coughing, and a few curse words of choice from Dionsyus.

I waited for the crazy to die down, and of course it was Hera who made it happen. "The girl is lying. I'm sure she has NO proof." Hera said, her voice getting high pitched steadily. Her discomfort was mounting, and I was about to seize it.

"We had a prophecy, me and my siblings. It has all happened. We have discovered the secret of our enemy, and the only course of action is to overthrow her. She has committed treason, against her husband and the Gods, for hiding this abomination. I know overthrowing a God is not easy, so I will naturally leave it to a vote. But if you don't believe me, ask Ruth, the child who knew too much, who is being held captive in Hera's palace." I said, my voice wanting to rise in anger, yet I kept it cold and icy.

Zeus was dumbfounded, by my bravery, my accusation, and the truth. He quickly composed himself and with a flick of his wrist, a trio of clouds left the meeting place of the Gods.

"Hera, you have 2 minutes to state your case, before Ruth comes back and may cost you your seat at our table." Zeus said, the fury in his voice rising.

Hera gulped, and slowly made her way to the floor, sending eye daggers at me. I didn't care, in fact, her ugly outfit bothered me more.

"Look, the girl obviously hates me. She wants to be me, so she will make up a whole array of lies. She just doesn't understand that I would never do these things. Never, so what's even the point of bringing Ruth here, huh?" Hera said, very jerkily and not very convincingly.

Zeus raised an eyebrow at her. I had to stifle a laugh. She was so pathetic.

Ruth came in, eyes closed at that moment, on a bed of clouds. 

"Speak." Zeus said. She whispered something into his ear. It was very long, and 2 minutes later he nodded, and dismissed her. She floated back out.

He stood up. "The girl tells the truth. All in favor of banishing Hera, raise your hand."

You could see the panic in the Gods faces, and the agreement in others. The fact that a God could be banished so easily was upsetting, yet they all knew she had it coming.

Everyone, except Hera, raised their hands. Zeus's words were always to be respected.

"Wait-no-" But she was quickly teleported away. Out of sight, out of mind, out of power. The Gods all turned to face me.

"Thank you. We shall deal with the matter of rewarding you briefly. First, we must decide who will take Hera's place."

Artemis raised her hand. "If I may, I think the girl has proven herself. She is blood, she knows the skill, and she has proven herself. With a little training, she could do it."

Wait, what? The idea was something that had never crossed my mind. Before I could fully process it, Zeus was saying, "All in favor?" 

A little over half raised their hands. "And your reward. Choose." Zeus said, quickly. Eager to get to the details.

"Wait, I don't want to be Hera's replacement." I said. Everyone stared at me.

"I have a life planned, and I don't want to become a Goddess. At least, not under these terms." I spoke loudly, determined for my voice to be heard.

"Fine, send us your terms and we will either approve or deny them. You have a week." Zeus said, and the council dismissed.

I had a big choice to make. Hopefully, it wouldn't break me.

Thanks for reading! Don't worry things are all worked out, and people will get a grace period. Also, shout out to percabeth123hinny for requesting this story! It goes out to you.

-Author