Part 23: The Anti-Aphrodite

Hey guys, thanks for reading so far. Remember, feel free to comment on my post, so I know who has been here! Love you guys! 

Annabeth's POV

Wow, I had never seen Zoe so mad. She slapped my first born son with all her force and then started yelling at the top of her lungs.

"YOU STUPID ANTI-APHRODITE!!!! YOU ARE HORRIBLE! DRAGGING YOUR BEST FRIEND TO A STADIUM ALL BEAT UP AND THEN REFUSING TO LISTEN TO ME!!!! STUPID!!!" Zoe bellowed, slapping him again.

Then, she sat down quite calmly and began to eat an extra sandwich left on the table and watch TV. I went and sat beside her. 

"Hey mom." She said, looking up. 

"Hey, sweetie. So, tell me about the fantastic story of Zoe's disappearance. "

She told me everything, running away, finding the beach, Blackjack, even Poseidon and her crying. The rest of the family listened intently.

I felt upset. My baby girl had just gone through all of that, on top of having the stress of her gift, by herself. I sighed.

"Thanks for sharing, let's get you cleaned up." I said.

I walked her upstairs and into the bathroom and wet a wash cloth with warm water. I smoothed it over her beautiful face.

"Look, I know how Charlie gets. He is just like his father in that way." I said.

She nodded and said, "I know."

"Just give him time, you and RJ will get back together okay?" I said.

She nodded. I brought her to her room and let her get some rest, or at least text her friends.

When I went downstairs I found Percy had put the other kids in their own bedrooms.

"How's Charlie?" I asked.

"Okay, I gave him a 2 drops of nectar and it cleared that up. I know, I know, you didn't want them to have it this soon, but he was really hurting." Percy said.

"Well, Zoe is a force to be reckoned with." I said, smiling.

"I'm just glad she's home." Percy said sighing.

I plopped myself onto the sofa next to him.

"We have the Gods on our side." I said, snuggling into him.

"Yeah, it's no coincidence Poseidon brought her home. He is always looking out for us." My husband said, smiling.

"Yeah, but Zeus gave her safe air travel." I said, snorting. 

I heard an appreciative clap of thunder outside.

"See!!!" I burst out laughing. Percy followed suit.

"Percy, I need to tell you something." I said, all of a sudden.

Percy's face turned grim.

"What is it?" He asked.

I tensed up. Should I tell him? Would that make it more real in my mind? Could I even muster up the courage to tell him? 

"I can't have kids anymore. The doctor called me yesterday, but with Zoe gone, it wasn't as big a deal..." I said, tearing up.

Percy rapped his arms around me. "Hey, we got this. It's okay." He said, holding me close.

Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to comment if you like this chapter and I started a new story, Dangerous Dreams! P.S. The next chapter is about Charlies 16th birthday, including a very, very special moment with Meredith!

-Author