Seven | Katie

Shutting my locker I notice Brylan standing behind it, wriggling her eyebrows

Shutting my locker I notice Brylan standing behind it, wriggling her eyebrows. 'Guess who's looking,'

Turning my head around I notice Noah quickly turn his head away, I roll my shoulder. So he's aware that I still exist? I genuinely assumed my existence as a whole was irrelevant to him now. Poking the inside of cheek to hide my smile I can't help but feel ashamed that I'm even smiling at that. All he did was look at me. He's talking to Jacob and Thale but I can tell he's no longer focused. Am I distracting him?

'It's your gorgeous boyfriend to be.' She sings. 'I'm yet to see the two of you interact. I'm waiting for it to happen,'

'I don't think he's interested in me anymore,' I turn back to her so she can't see the disappointment on my face. 'I've lost track how many calls and messages I've sent him and he hasn't responded.'

'He's ugly anyways,' she trails back revoking what she has previously said making me laugh. I love her for her horrible attempt to make me feel better.

'Who's ugly?' Alex walks up to us taking out his headphones.

'Noah,' Brylan informs him before tucking one of her braids behind her ear.

'Are you guys blind or some shit?' He almost a laughs looking over at him, 'he's gorgeous,'

'He's also ignoring all my texts and calls.' I grip my textbook tighter turning again to look at him. Noah seems more focused in his conversation, now with another girl in his arms. Ouch.

'Eh. He's an entitled prick anyways.' Alex shrugs it off. He's right. As much as I do like him he's ignoring me like I'm nothing. It's not like he's unaware that I'm here yet he's got a whole girl leaning against his chest. What an asshole.

Wallowing that lump that keeps growing my throat I quickly look towards Brylan. 'What's first period for the two of you?' We aren't in any of the same classes this year.

I tried to get at least a few of my classes changed so I could be with them but it helped nothing. Instead I got hit with the if we help you we have to help everyone else. How dumb is that? Then help everyone. Let people enjoy coming to school by being with people they enjoy being with. I wish they'd bring that primary school thing back where you would write three best friends you wanted in your class. They'd give you at least one but now it's everyone for themselves. You either like it or don't.

Watching as panic washes over Brylan she turns her head to Alex. 'Please do not tell me...'

'Math? Don't tell me you 'forgot' your textbook again,' Alex furrows his brows. 'Or did you forget the work? What do you think I was doing before you came over the other day?'

'You did the work?' She flashes him a desperate smile.

'You want the answers?'

'I'd appreciate it,' they politely excuse themselves from me before leaving their class. As much as I wished I was with them I grew used to it. It's stopped bothering me as much anymore. The only frustrating thing is I got Lilah in all my classes.