Sixty-nine | Colton

Standing behind Damon as he knocks on Katie's bedroom door I really do not want to be here

Standing behind Damon as he knocks on Katie's bedroom door I really do not want to be here. I know that Damon is trying to look out for me but I was fairly comfortable with avoidance. Expressing my own emotions isn't something I do often, let alone ever to be honest.

'Katie I literally saw your bedroom light on so don't ignore me.' Damon knocks again but this time he actually gets a response as the door opens.

It's not Katie. Leaning against the doorframe is Noah and I've never turned to leave so quickly. I fucking knew this was a stupid idea but he didn't listen. If anything I feel even shittier than I did before Damon came to come see me.

Gabbing the back of my shirt Damon pulls me back to where I was but I move him away. 'Just let me go.'

'She's not here,' Noah gives us a lightly confused look since he's not very informed right now. 'I came to return something of Katies, so I was just waiting-,'

Shoving him to the side Damon steps into the room before looking around. She's definitely not inside but he checks out the entire room in case.

Allowing myself in after him I'd rather be near Damon to avoid Noah asking me anything. Even if it means being in Katie's bedroom which I really don't want to be in either. I'd rather be in my own room either crying or staring at the roof but Damon isn't giving me that option right now.

'Dude she actually isn't here,' Noah blinks at him. 'Why are you checking?'

I'm genuinely shocked by the patience Damon has right now since I was sure Noah would have his brains bashed the moment he saw him. Instead he completely ignores him and goes on his knees to check under the bed. Maybe the fact that they're close is saving Noah's ass right now.

'What are you doing?' I flinch when I hear Katie's voice. It's coming from the door but I don't look, I keep my eyes on Damon who's looking between Katie and Noah.

'Colton stay. Noah come with me,' Damon seems pissed and suddenly the reality of this situation sinks in and now I really do not want to be here.

'No. No one is staying- actually no one is going.' She seems frustrated so I look over to her.

She's wearing the same hoodie that I saw her in, a while ago and if anything she hasn't been sleeping and I can tell. When she notices me looking she immediately looks away.

'Noah what are you doing in my room.' She practically hisses before rubbing her face. 'I did not fucking need this today.'

Watching her back away Damon is quick to shut the door before she can leave which makes her groan. No one wants to be in this situation right now yet we're being forced to.

'Damon.' I whisper. 'I don't think anyone wants to do this right now.'

'Sometimes what you want is not what you should be doing,' he waves me off before walking over to Noah and grabbing his arm. 'You two are acting like children who are refusing to talk because you're fighting over a toy.'