Fourteen | Damon

Pressing my hand against her cheek I feel my heart drop

Pressing my hand against her cheek I feel my heart drop. She's crying? That was not what I thought would happen. 'I'm sorry Brylan.' I wipe her tears away but they don't stop. Deciding it would be better to turn the damn lights on I squint as I look around the room. Not adjusting to the lack of light surround me in enough time I give up.

Reaching my arm out I aimlessly pat down the wall to find the switch but she grabs my wrist to stop me. She doesn't want it on anymore. 'It's childish. It was just a movie.' She speaks to me but her words don't seem to be directed to me either. It only just makes me feel worse.

'I'm sorry.' I slide my hands from her waist to her shoulders so I can squeeze her without it being weird. 'Don't be mad please.'

'Can you just let go of me.' She squirms but I don't want her too. If I let her go now she'll be a crying mess and my parents would be livid. That's if I'm still in one piece when Katie finds out I made her cry. She loves Brylan more than the sun.

'Follow my breathing okay?' I pray it'll work. Feeling her attempts to breath normally I make inhaling and exhaling sounds to guide her.

'It's fictional Brylan.' I remind her continuing to make the breathing sounds. 'That means it doesn't exist in our world and even if it did I can promise you I'd be able to take it on for you.'

Hearing her laugh softly I sigh in accomplishment as her breathing softens. I'm not in the mood to be fucked up by both my mother and sister for upsetting her.

'You have no chance if that girl came for you.' I can feel her smiling if that makes sense.

'I can hold my own,' I let her know.

'And I fully believe you could but not against some demon girl who died in a closet.' I laugh because of how serious she said it. 'It's not a joke,'

'You're right. You're right.' I don't want to upset her again.

Not really saying anything back I hear the door open before quickly moving away from her. Rubbing my neck when I see Katie she looks like she's on her last straw. Her hair is wet, actually the majority of her body is still wet but she got changed regardless and it doesn't look comfortable.

'Thirty minutes.' She holders her finger up to me before slamming the door behind her. It doesn't do anything since the rest of them just open it to get through. 'It took me thirty minutes only to shut the damn door and my god was it hard.'

'You struggled to close the door?' I slip in an insult so she doesn't ask what we were doing.

'Yes. Imagine you're five foot five and two guys double your muscle weight who sit at a height above six foot or over, start pushing a door open whilst you fight to close it.' Having to explain it almost pisses her off more. 'Why would you send them after me? That was the most stressful shower I've ever taken,'