Fourty-five | Damon

I'm fucking grounded

To pass time I toss my basketball up into the air for the hundredth time before I decide to abruptly throw it to the side. Turning away before I can see where it went, I honestly don't give a fuck.

It's eleven pm right now and if I wasn't grounded I'd just be getting home. I'd also be super ecstatic by how I would've been coming back from the fucking beach with Brylan. I don't know if she would've agreed to come but I feel like she would've loved to go- Oh my god and don't get me started on the fireflies.

'We missed the fucking fireflies.' I mumble to myself. 'She would've loved those so much.'

Attempting to avert my thoughts to anything else, I really should get to sleep. Coach said we have training tomorrow and the last thing I need is to be drowsy and depressed. I only just started being able to sleep again. Well not really, since I'm still asked if I'm okay, but to me I'm improving. Despite everyone constantly calling me sleep deprived.

Maybe I need to stop thinking of Brylan as a whole. The last thing I need is to accidentally think of something sexual with her which will lead me to being drowsy, depressed and horny. The last thing I want right now is another boner.

Hearing a loud thump from Katie's room I yell at her to shut up. Freezing when I realize I yelled at Katie to shut up.

Katie isn't even at home.

She has been sulking all day and was giving everyone attitude for no reason. I even heard her crying a couple times and whenever I asked she told me to get out because she was stressing over an exam or something. I know that she has her Bio retake but all her other subjects are doing amazing so I don't understand why she would sulk over one exam like it'll affect her grades that much.

Hearing another thud I properly get up off my bed. I'd assume that it was my parents but after they went to work a couple hours ago Katie went for a walk. I'm the only one home so whatever the fuck that is, isn't anyone I should know.

Heading towards my door I turn on the light before grabbing the baseball bat from against the wall. I don't actually play baseball nor do I want to play but I bought it during Halloween. I wore it with a ski mask and I terrorized the neighborhood kids by chasing them with Noah. I wonder if I'm the root of any of their trauma.

Hearing footsteps from Katie's room I snap back to my current situation. The last thing I'm going to do is ignore it then realize later that it actually was an intruder when I wake up with a bullet in my head. America really needs better gun laws because I shouldn't be stressing about that highly plausible scenario.

Walking down the hallway I stop at Katie's room. Placing my hand on the door handle I push it open to see someone rush past. Out of instinct I swing the bat and all I hear as a response is a shriek. Noticing a feminine tone on the response I panic that I may have hit Katie. Maybe she's been knocking and I couldn't hear her so she came in through the window? Now allowing myself to think for too long I hurry to turn on the light before spotting Brylan crouched up on the ground. Her hands are covering the sides of her head in fear.