Twenty | Brylan

Where the fuck is she? I've been standing outside for what feels like twenty minutes now

I texted her telling her I'd come over so I could get my volleyball things I left here the other day and since she's always at home I thought she would be here today.

Taking a shakey breath I knock on the door for the eighth time before grabbing my arms again. It's so cold that I can see my breath. I really should've brought a jacket with me.

Flinching at the door suddenly opening I feel warm air from the inside of the house hit me. They must have the heater on right now and the things I would do to be in there and not out here.

'Took you long enough-,' i try to scold her but i cut myself off when i realise its not her who opened the door. Looking up my stomach drops when I make eye contact with Damon.

He's shirtless.

Staring at the sweat trickle down his muscles, i'm at awe at how defined his build is. I can also tell he must've been doing something that was working his body out though i don't stare long enough to figure out; eventually ripping my eyes away. No Brylan keep your eyes up. Don't embarrass yourself like last time.

'Where's Katie?' He asks before I can, 'she said she was with you?'

Opening my mouth to speak I'm not sure what to say, she hasn't been answering any of my calls. She could've at leave told me she was 'with me' so I could cover for her. Her telling me also would've saved my time and i would've told her to bring the bag to me tomorrow.

'Urm...yea she is.' I brush my braid behind my ear, 'she's at my place but I came to get my volleyball stuff and it's kind of cold.'

Staring down at me for a few seconds I know he doesn't believe me which makes me guilty. Where exactly is she right now? I was just on call with Alex so I know she's not with him so there's really no where else she'd be.

Katie is very picky with her friends since she trusts no one at all. I've seen her ignore people who try it with her; which is actually quite often since she's pretty. She just doesn't really see it.

'How did you get here?' He questions me but I don't answer. He already knows anyways.

I walked.

It's become a habit to walk everywhere even though I do have my license. It's only a thirty minute walk to their house anyways, which to me is nothing.

'Come in,' he gives up but I hesitate before actually entering the home. Given that no one answered for so long I doubt anyone else is home but him.

'I just need to get my stuff.' I breath in the warm air.

A part of me doesn't want to leave and just stay here since walking thirty minutes in the cold doesn't seem very enticing.

'Are you and...Katie...home alone?' He asks me as I take my shoes off and leave them at the door. Their family doesn't really mind me having them on but it's a habit since my family does mind.