Thirthy-nine | Brylan

'It's not unprovoked

'It's not unprovoked.' I grab the edge of my shorts. Not giving him much of an explanation, Damon hasn't really noticed me yet. He's just standing there as he takes all the yelling that he's getting from Katie.

I really love their relationship since they keep each other in check. If they where both only children then Damon would be in juvenile detention and Katie would be in a mental health hospital.

Heading towards Jordan, my main fear is if Damon told him about me. I don't want him to think that I'm telling people since I'm honestly scared of him. He's way taller and stronger than me so it won't take much for him to hurt me again if he wanted.

Squatting down next to him I take a look at his nose. Maybe he forgot about me and I could make a good new impression.

'You need to lean forward since you nose is-,' I don't get much out since he grabs my wrist to move me closer to him.

'A friend of a friend.' He looks at Katie before looking at me. 'So it's you?'

Feeling my heart sink I should've just ran when I saw him. He would've caught me eventually since we go to the same school but I feel like I walked right into an obvious trap. Trying this new 'good impression' thing really didn't work.

'I barely touched you. Why did you tell him?' He makes it obvious that he remembers me. I guess I should've been grateful that he ignored me in the halls.

'I'm sorry I just-,' I stop talking since I don't know what to say. He's talking in a low tone so no one can hear us and I'm too afraid to not do the same. No one is even paying attention to us anyways since they're focused on Damon and Katie arguing.

'Use your mouth.' He threatens me which makes me flinch. I cant just get up and leave since the grip around his wrist tightens. 'Its the only thing you're good at using. You know thinking about it makes me miss it a little too much.'

Taking his comment to heart I try my hardest to pull away until I feel him suddenly let go. Confused im pulled up onto my feet by the hood of my hoodie. Glancing to my side I notice Damon gripping the back of my hoodie as he stares at Jordan. He must've noticed us talking.

'Its like your asking me to kill you.' Damon looks at Jordan and I shove him off me.

'Are you kidding? A fight? Look at your hand- no actually- look at his ankle and nose!' I yell at Damon but he doesn't seem to be showing a lot of emotion in his eyes right now. He doesn't even bother looking at me and just keeps his eyes locked on Jordan.

'The same group of kids! Is this some sort of joke on me? 'Let's piss of the principal!' is that the game we're playing?' I hear Principal Carson yell which makes us freeze. The crowd quickly scatters since when the fight with Lilah happened yesterday the people who watched got into shit for not doing anything.

'Lets go to my office. I want to talk to all four of you so we can figure out what's going on.' She waves at us to follow but quickly stops when she looks at Jordan's leg. Glancing at Damon he hides his hand behind his back.