Fifteen | Katie

'She keeps following me around

'She keeps following me around. I try shaking her off but she keeps coming back,' I rest my head on the armrest of the couch. 'I don't know how to politely ask her to stop.'

Ignoring the clacking of kitchen items, I can't help but snort when I hear something hit the ground followed by a very loud curse from Jacob. It was probably something metallic since I didn't hear anything shatter.

They asked me if I could make something since they were hungry and I laughed at them. It's one am and I could never have the energy to actually cook something. Not right now so Damon said he's make it instead. Obviously they don't trust him but he can handle his own in the kitchen. I understand where the mistrust arises from. If I wasn't his sibling I wouldn't trust him bear a stove either.

'That's so weird...' Brylan doesn't acknowledge the mess happening in the next room.

'She was trying to be my 'friend' and all that but I'm almost certain she's pulling a front since she accidentally asked about Colton.' I shake my head as Brylan pulls a face.

'Why Colton...you guys don't even talk?' She blinks at me lost.

'Hmm?' I flinch when Colton pokes his head through the arched doorway that separates the kitchen from the living room.

'Hey..Colton?' I look over at Brylan who's just looking at him most likely thinking if she should tell him or not. 'What do you need?'

'No I heard you say my name...twice,' I nods.

'No it's just about Lilah,' Brylan shrugs before i hit her shoulder knowing it will make him more curious.

'What about her.' He leans forward onto the doorframe. Even Noah has stopped and turned around eating from one of the grapes in Colton's hand, listening.

The others have an open view to our conversation because half the wall opposite the open doorway is missing. It allows for a kitchen bar for if you want to sit on stools.

'What's his girl doing?.. it's technically his business to know,' Noah defends him.

'It's nothing really that special,' I trail off, 'she was just talking with me in class about Colton...and how he apparently looks at me weird and stuff- i don't know.'

'How do you look at her?' Damon looks over at Colton, he must've been listening without looking.

'I don't-,' he freezes seeming kind of lost, 'Lilah is just...if I breath too loudly around a girl she gets defensive. I told her to give Katie the basketball I borrowed from you so she must've gotten jealous since I didn't tell her to give to you like usual. I won't do that next time,'

'hah...classic Lilah,' Damon looks back taking off the second batch of pancakes he had made and expectedly they haven't burned. 'I love how much she loves you...it's cute,'

'Yea.' Colton says passively before eating the last grape in hand, 'I guess...'

'He's here!' Brylan tosses her phone down clapping her hands as she makes her way to the door.

Confused I watch her head towards the door. Opening it quick I see Alex there lifting his hand to knock but she open the door before he can.

'He's here!' Jacob mocks her voice grabbing Noah who's besides him and squeezing him and pretending to kiss his face, 'I love you so much mwa mwa mwa,'

Brylan and Alex walk in ignoring them and heading towards me.

'Lilah only left my house like an hour ago, sorry I'm late.' Alex apologizes as he puts his bag on the couch.

Calling Alex over, I begin to tell him about Lilah talking to me in class which influences the boys to continue their own conversation.

When I finish explaining he sits up.

'Which is why you saw her with me,' I explain to him as he connects the dots.

'It explains a lot actually,' He laughs.

'She's an ass for trying to befriend you for a reason like that. Boys.' Brylan shakes her head. I know she just pity's me since it's not something that's uncommon.

'I'm used to it...a lot of girls like to only talk to me to get to my brother so it's hard for me to find honest friends...like remember Eliza? Yea I had to cut her off because I overheard her tell someone that's the only reason she spoke to me,' I cross my arms a little upset. Me and Eliza had gotten along so well and would always laugh about everything together so it hurt knowing it was fake. Even looking at eachother would make us laugh. It hurt so fucking bad.

'I knew that she wouldn't get with my brother but I still didn't want to be around her after finding that out,' I pick at my skin.

'What made you think that,' she leans forward.

'Because he always fucks around with blonde girls with those beach tanned bodies.' I look over at the guys who are laughing about something.

'which is why that one of my favorite qualities about you is that you're not going after my brother. You just like me for me I guess.' I joke with her but she doesn't laugh surprisingly. She pulls up her knees again before nodding awkwardly.

'Yea.' She agrees as she glances over at them.