Thirteen | Brylan

Leaning my head on the couch behind me I try to focus on the movie but I can't take turn my hyper awareness of Damon who's breathing I can hear besides me

Not that I have anything against him but we aren't close and I think him driving me home was the most we've ever talked in one sitting. So I'm confused on why he chose to sit next to me when there's all this space in here.

Pulling my knees up to my chest I rest my chin against them before noticing Katie get up.

'I'll be back alright I'm just going to take a shower,' she states as she stretches her arms.

Not saying anything back I grab her ankle looking up at her discretely. I didn't want her to leave me alone with them but she lightly tugs her leg from me smiling slightly.

'I'll be back,' she mouths to me before leaving the room.

Her family had recently gotten this theater room installed with a projector and speakers. It's honestly the coolest room in her house from this point onwards especially since they have theater chairs. Which is my favorite part of the room despite me sitting in the carpet instead.

We bagged it first if course but we were met with a not so warm welcome when Damon's friends showed up. He respected us enough to let us use it first but his friends weren't so patient so how we're here. As least they're letting us chose what we want to watch. Not that our options aren't met with criticism and judgement but regardless they're letting us chose.

'You're going to take a shower without me?' Jacob asks rhetorically as I can hear his voice over my shoulder since he's seated on one of the chairs besides the one my back is against.

'Jacob stop.' Damon threatens in a low voice not moving other than to open his phone. He's not really taking him seriously and neither do I.

Hearing Katie leave the room she doesn't bother responding. Leaving the room silent once again besides the movie being projected, which I was the only one who wanted to watch it in the first place.

'You know what I'm going to check if she knows how to turn on the shower,' I hear Colton get up off the ground slowly making his way out the room.

Immediately looking at Noah he watches Colton squeezing his eyebrows. I can't tell if he's jealous, angry or reading him. He could be doing all three maybe. I don't know much about him and Katie, she's very reserved about the whole thing.

'Dude what?' Damon turns his head looking over at him. Which he hadn't bothered doing for Jacobs comment, maybe he doesn't trust Colton as much for whatever reason.

Sneakily Colton leaves the room still making it unclear if he's joking or not. He's always found it funny making crude jokes to piss Damon off and usually Katie just ignores it.

'Jacob can you go and get him please.' Damon asks him which then Jacob gets up leaving quickly. A little too quickly.

'I'll get them to come back,' Noah offers. 'No fret.'