Fifty-seven | Brylan

Staring up at the roof I decided to come over

We called for a couple hours so I guess we just have nothing to say now but it would still be nice if he payed attention to the fact that I'm here. Grabbing my phone I look at the time to see that it's been a hour since I got here. Groaning I sit up from the flat position I had on his bed to see that he's still on his computer.

Wondering if he can even hear me, he has his headset on but he's not in a chat room or anything. 'Damon I'm completely naked right now.'

'Mmhmm that's great Bry.' I can instantly tell he didn't process a single thing that I said. If he had then his reaction would've been a lot different.

Sitting there for a few moments I look at the door. It's not like I can even go and hangout with Katie since she's not here right now. When I was calling Damon he randomly asked me where she was and I didn't know what to say since I didn't know either. I also couldn't really cover for her since she wasn't with me for the period of time that I was talking to him but I tried. Not that he believed me anyways.

Getting off his bed I consider going to check on Alex since I haven't hung out with him in over a week. Which is pretty normal for some people but he's one of my best friends so it's weird for me.

Plus Damon seems preoccupied and I don't want to bother him. He's going to be so busy all week with other people so he should be able to have some free time to himself this weekend. Opening his bedroom door I'm barely outside when Damon finally speaks again. 'Where are you going?'

'To Alex's place,' I point at the now open door. 'I haven't really spoken to him in a while- plus your busy so I don't want to-,'

Turning off his computer mid game, he takes his headset off before putting it to the side. 'I'm not busy. Sit and talk to me instead.'

A little surprised by the sudden aggression I tilt my head. Getting up he walks over to me so I close his bedroom door as he gets closer since I doubt he'd let me leave now. Backing me up against it, he slides his hands around my waist so that he can rest is chin on my head.

'How do you feel about Alex now?' His voice softens which makes me realize why he got so defensive. He thinks I still like him or he's unsure if I do.

I haven't even thought of Alex like that is so long. I'd almost forgotten that I had liked him in the first place. Looking up he moves his chin from my head so he can look down at me. Cupping his cheeks, he's been a little stressed all day and I could even hear it through the phone when we called.

'I only like you Damon but I'm seriously going to go back home,' I squeeze his face. 'He's just my friend and thanks to you I don't really think I like him anymore so you should go back to doing what you want since you'll be interacting with people non stop next week,'

I know for a fact that I'm going to go hangout platonically with Alex but I don't want to tell him that. Only because it'll upset him and I don't want that for him. Especially now that I know how much his emotions have an effect on his gameplay. He loves to come off as cold and immune to everything but he's so emotional. Even if he doesn't want to admit it and I want him to play good since basketball makes him happy and whatever makes him smile makes me smile.