Sixteen | Noah

Leaning my back against his chair I look over at Damon who's sitting on the ground with his head leaning against his bed

Leaning my back against his chair I look over at Damon who's sitting on the ground with his head leaning against his bed. Staring at the roof he seems to be contemplating something.

'You good dude?' I ask him as I reach over grabbing another pancake on the plate. Surprisingly he's a good cook. Either that or my taste buds are just working really badly tonight.

'Nah I'm okay.' He lifts his head looking around to Colton changing the topic of the conversation, 'how's you and Lilah?'

'Hey what?' He scoffs putting down his phone. 'Don't change the topic onto me...I see what you're doing,'

'He's thinking of something very important,' Jacob flops onto the bed sideways. Leaning over the edge massaging Damon's shoulders playfully, 'he's going through something and he's healing...isn't that right Damon baby.'

'What the fuck.' Damon rips away. You'd think he'd be used to the way he acts by now but nope. It's usually uncalled for so it's a little shocking.

Jacob has to be the most humorous person I've ever met. He knows how to diffuse a conversation or calm a person down. Overall he's very likable but sometimes he can take his jokes a little far. If he where to ever get anywhere with basketball I can see a small comment of his, blowing up in his face. His court game would be fire but his media presence would be an issue.

'Okay...Colton I don't know how you and Lilah are going but how did you know you liked her?' He hesitates causing me to raise my eyebrow.

'Why? Hold on.' Colton sits up, just as curious as me.

'No man like just answer the damn question.' Damon asks again seeming slightly agitated but not at Colton at something else, not really sure what though.

'Urm...well I started getting exited when I would talk to her- and I would find excuses to touch or be around her since her presence would put me in a good mood.' Colton describes as I listen myself secretly trying to connect some dots with Katie.

Looking at Damon he's looking at Colton blankly.

'You good Damon?' Colton claps his hands, 'don't tell me you're feeling that for a girl? You haven't liked anyone like that in a millennium.'

'It's fine. It was just a false alarm,' he groans as he gets up picking one of his shirts on the ground and throwing it in his laundry basket across the room to preoccupy himself. Obviously getting it in, Damon never misses which is why he's basketball captain.

'Lame,' Jacob frowns, 'at least tell us who it was.'

'You don't know her...she's irrelevant to you,' Damon responds calmly crossing his hands. 'I actually don't really know why I like her...well, thought I liked her in the first place. It's stupid. I was probably just horny or some shit.'

'Only you could go from talking about possibly being in love with a girl to dissing her.' I laugh as I spin around in the chair. Although it's not something strange since Damon has anger issues.

Like quite literally he was diagnosed with anger issues by his therapist in the fourth grade. I remember him telling me so in class, he didn't really tell anyone else so I think I'm the only one on the team which knows. Despite it being sort of obvious.

'Wow is she that ugly...' Colton looks at his confused.

'Ugly? Definitely not.' He almost laughs at the idea of it before quickly changing the topic. 'Anyways.'

'I'm going downstairs I'll be back alright?' I get up before leaving his bedroom; shutting the door behind me. Walking downstairs I look around not seeing anyone as I enter the dimly lit kitchen. Grabbing an apple from the fruit basket I go back to the stairs.

Hearing something as I'm about to go upstairs again I look back I seeing movement in the living room before slowly walking towards the light switch.

Turning it on I see Katie wince at the light, 'Jesus dude I was just getting my laptop.' She snaps before freezing as she makes eye contact with me.

'Urm...hey.' She blinks holding her laptop in both hands, all confidence she had just had to yell at me withering away.

'I haven't talked to you since you kicked me out a while ago.' I cross my arms as I walk to her stopping directly in front of her.

'Yeah. You keep trying to talk when it's inconvenient,' she motions her hand between us to let me know that she's referring to right now. 'What happened last time will repeat if you keep coming up to me at times like this. If Jacob sees us...'

She had a point. Despite my worries with Colton, I still have faith that it'll be fine. Jacob on the other hand would tell Damon before the minute passes.

The thing is I've been down here for less than three minutes. They'll only start to wonder once I'm gone after the seventh minute so till then it's safe. Letting my hand rest on her side I drag her closer to me.

'Noah.' She warns moving out my grip, 'someone will see you again and I won't try and defend you.' Pushing past me I know her threat is bullshit because she'd get a mouthful for it too. If she didn't want to get caught she wouldn't have been so visibly anxious when Colton saw us the other time.

Following after her I open the storage room door next to the stairs. Grabbing her shirt I pull her in with me. Pressing her against the door I grab her laptop putting it on a shelf besides us. It's dark so I struggle finding space to place it before finally putting it down.

'Now no one will find us in here. Problem fixed.' I take my shirt off pulling her closer to me by her waist. Not holding on too tight I make it lose enough for her to move away if she wants to.

It's one thing for Damon to beat me up if he found out I fucked his sister but it's another if he thought I raped her. He would leave me with not only broken bones but death itself.