Twenty eight | Noah

Hearing the bell go off for half time I jog off the court in a huff

Hearing the bell go off for half time I jog off the court in a huff. 'Are your eyes glued shut or something? How did you miss eight times?'

'Nah because you're seriously pussy whipped at this point.' Colton leans onto his knees before wiping sweat off his forehead. 'I broke up with my girl and I still scored points.'

'I'm sorry.' Damon pinches his nose bridge to show that he's obviously stressed. 'Look I'll sub out for this game.'

Turning to look at Thale he gives me an equally confused look since Damon never subs out. Obviously he's not the man of steel. He subs out when coach is convinced he needs a breather but you'll never catch him subbing himself out, no matter how much pain he's in. Especially during an actual game and right now we're twenty points behind. His stamina is so fucking good it should be illegal. At this point I can practically feel my dad staring at the back of my head from somewhere in the crowed of people watching.

We're versing Broadwater High and they're supposed to be good but so are we. It's not like we've never lost but we've never lost by this many points and we're only half way though the game. We wouldn't be lacking if he wasn't playing like someone who's never picked up a basketball before.

'What's going on boys?' I hear coach yelling at us so we back up. For a 5'3 girl she's incredibly scary which is a side we don't see often since we're usually winning by this point. 'We have almost half the school watching us and the cheer team has basically forgotten their losing cheer?!'

'I'm sorry it's my fault.' Damon ruffles his hair, 'I really didn't sleep at all last night so I'm barely awake.'

'You knew we had a game this Saturday? I instructed you all to go to bed at 8pm on the dot.' She hisses as she throws an energy drink at him. Obviously he catches it and downs half the can down. I don't think that's healthy but he needs it right now.

'Thanks.' Damon mumbles before looking over to his side. Walking towards the bench to where a couple of the subs are seated they're uncomfortably talking to Damon.

They used to complain about being on the side but now I think they're just signing up so they can say they're on the 'notorious' team and wear the varsity jacket. The idea of them actually playing kills me and I would prefer Damon's shit performance any day.

Frustrated I roll my head before making eye contact with Katie who's walking down the bleacher stairs. Pursing my lips I immediately look away before excusing myself.

Saying that I'm going to the bathroom Jacob tells me to run which I definitely do. I don't want to admit it but I've been actively avoiding Katie for the past couple weeks. I'm honestly stressing about the game and I don't want to be even more stressed for when she approaches me.

Walking down the hall I look for my locker before finally finding it and opening it. Looking though my stuff I finally find a blue metallic thing so I pull it out. Recognizing it at my vape I take a puff out of it.