Thirty six | Lilah

(TW: self harm)
If you missed the first warning at the beginning of the book, please be weary when progressing with the story past this point.

(TW: self harm)  If you missed the first warning at the beginning of the book, please be weary when progressing with the story past this point

Taking a sandwich from the cafeteria I don't really feel like eating anything right now but I need to. I've skipped breakfast, lunch and dinner for the past two days. But I've still been going to cheer training so the numbers on the scale started shifting. Losing weight isn't what I need right now.

Taking a deep breath as I wedge myself between Elaine and I, on and the edge of the table, she shoves her stuff to the side after clamping her hand mirror shut. Trying to make my sudden appearance as natural as I can manage, I feel like that only drew more attention to me. There was more than enough space on the opposite side of her body for me to sit but I wasn't very appealed of the idea of Jasmine having space to sit besides me.

'Where have you been for the past two days? I haven't seen you in class,' she rubs her ring finger across her lips as if to blend some sort of balm or gloss, I can't really tell. 'Cute hair though, it's new but it suits your face,'

Giving her a half smile, I brush my hair behind my ear. I kept the Dutch braids in for both Monday and Tuesday so when I took them out today my hair was wavier than my usual. It looks like I took my time to curl it but I really didn't. My daily routine would consist of straighten it until it it's flatter than paper but I couldn't find the motivate or urgency to do it this morning so I left it as is.

Looking up to properly see Jasmine and Colton walking over with their lunch trays. They seem to have been talking which makes my stomach drop. After I saw her kiss him at Jacobs party I didn't even bother waiting it out. My heart was being ripped in two with a sledgehammer and I couldn't be there anymore or even eat my fucking lunch. He was never loyal to whatever we where, but with Jasmine?

Ouch.

'Lilah?' Colton seems a little surprised to see me which is fair enough since I haven't shown up in a few days. The only communication I had with him this week is when he looked at me in bio yesterday.

Making eye contact with Jasmine she sits directly next to Colton which ticks me off. I know I have no right to be pissed off but I save myself the embarrassment by looking at the opposite end of the table where some of the guys seem to be debating over something with the other girls.

Forcing my attention back to my surrounding people when I feel a body at me side, I'm forced down the table. Bringing my things with me, I look over to see Zayn looking down on me. 'She makes an appearance? It's been so many years, I was beginning to miss you,' His comment is sarcastic but it's inherently friendly so I can't help but smile.

'But look at her.' I frown when Jasmine interjects before I can reply to him, 'she looks exhausted. What were you even doing?'

'I was studying.' I mumble under my breath to avoid receiving anymore attention then I want but her comment only seems to spark conversation with the people around me.