Fourty-Three | Katie

'This is so dumb,' Alex flops down into the seat besides me, 'why do I keep coming to these again?'

'Because you love me,' I kick my leg over the other in an attempt to make myself as comfortable as someone can be whilst sitting on the bleachers.

'Yeah I do...' he trails off as he brings his soda to his lips. 'Where's Brylan?'

'She went to the bathroom,' I barely answer his question since I'm scanning the court.

Finally spotting Damon I look around his general area before finding Noah. He's laughing with Thale and I can't help but be mesmerized by his smile. Though I'd never admit it to him, he's gorgeous. I honestly can't get enough of him and I don't understand what he even wants from me. It's not like I'm anything special anyways.

'Noah invited me over tonight,' I randomly blurt out. 'He said his mom would be home so I might meet her.'

Not hearing a response from Alex I worry so turn my head to face him to see him giving me a side eye. I don't think he heard me so I open my mouth to repeat myself but he moves the straw from his lips to speak before I can.

'I heard you,' he puts his cup in the cup holder besides him. 'I'm just a little disappointed,'

'I know you are,' I slouch into the seat. 'I'm not stupid alright...I know it's weird and I know it's so sketchy,'

'Sketchy is an understatement.' He points at Noah to make a point, 'look at him. Tell me he doesn't look like someone who would fight not to use a condom then run if you got pregnant.'

'At this point which guy wouldn't,' I sigh.

'Ouch,' he drops his hand which makes me feel guilty. I tend to forget he's a male so I can't say things like that to him.

'I'm sorry-,' I try to apologize before getting interrupted by the sound of Brylans voice.

'Having interesting conversations without me?' She raises an eyebrow so I take it as an easy exit out of the current conversation.

Sarcastically agreeing with her comment she laughs and hits me in the arm before sitting down besides me. It doesn't take long for the game to finally start and I've never been so focused.

Well that's a lie.

I was more focused on the game they played in middle school. At the time they used to do traditional mock games where they would play basketball with other schools, but they would do it completely wrong. There was so many people shooting in the wrong hoop, dribbling out of the court, walking with the ball etc. It was so funny and i used to look forward to it. One time they even tried playing with tennis racquets.

Except I specifically remember the mock game when I just entered sixth grade, where Colton forced me to join. It definitely wouldn't be allowed for me to be on the court at all which is why he let me in. The whole point was to do things wrong so me playing would definitely be wrong.