Fifty-two | Brylan

Yawning I turn my body to the side to see that it's nine am

Yawning I turn my body to the side to see that it's nine am. Reaching out to grab my phone I see an array of messages from Katie. They're all really corny videos that I know she's been holding onto for the past couple days. Not being able to stop smiling I'm so happy that we're friends again. It wasn't even a full week that she hated me but I missed her so much it's not even funny.

About to put my phone down I freeze when I remember that I need to call Damon. I promised him that I would do it so I scroll through my contacts and click his number. Calling him I place the phone down on the pillow besides mine so I can pull my blanket up for protection. I'm not really sure why I'm so nervous, calling him has to be the most innocent interaction we've had.

Finally picking up the call I'm silent for a few seconds since I don't know what to say.

'Hello?' He groans.

Feeling a shiver down my spine from the obvious exhaustion straining his voice, I can tell he just woke up. Maybe I'll start calling him early in the morning because I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the way it sounds.

'Hey,' I respond sheepishly.

'Oh shit.' He immediately responds which makes it clear that the didn't know it was me who called. 'I was so sure that I was dreaming when you came over and I sent you home? Fuck.'

Laughing under my breath I can't help but smile, 'you would've gotten bored of me anyways...you where tired,' I swear but he just groans in frustration.

'I didn't even sleep that good anyways so you should've stayed.' He seems genuinely disappointed in his own actions.

'Maybe you should get that checked...you might have insomnia,' I laugh but I'm being completely serious with my suggestion. He really isn't sleeping.

'Nah it's because I'm always thinking of you and it's stressing me out,' he sighs. 'I've never really had a romantic crush before so I think I'm just not used to feeling like this so my body is retaliating or whatever.'

'What do you think about?' I ask.

'Um.' He laughs awkwardly.

'Tell me!' I laugh back. 'Please? You can't just say 'yeah I think about you alot' then refuse to give any further information,'

'I don't know...just stuff.' He's still reluctant so I keep asking but he keeps giving me vague answers.

'What? Is it like explicit?' I state more than I ask.

'Yeah.' He admits which startles me. I didn't really expect him to actually give me an answer let alone agree.

Not answering after that I'm thinking about what to ask next but he takes the silence in the wrong way. 'I mean no- when I said yes I meant no...they're not.'

''No no! I'm just...what exactly do you think about? Like...what am I doing?' I fidget since I can feel myself getting hot so I pull my blanket down a bit.