Fifty-one | Lilah

Turning to my side I jerk from the pain when I lean onto my left arm

Turning to my side I jerk from the pain when I lean onto my left arm. Blinking my eyes open I take in the unfamiliarity of the room. Giving myself a few moments to wake up I'm greeted by a throbbing headache.

'Shit,' I mumble as I reach for my head.

'Holy fuck! Lilah are you okay?' I hear Diana's voice over the ringing that coming from my my ears. I don't think anyone else can hear it though.

Sitting up I look at my arm to see that it's only bandaging the cuts that I remember cutting. The rest are exposed. Freaking out I begin to realize where the fuck I am when I see that my arm or hooked to an IV.

'Where the fuck?' I glance around the room. My eyes answer the question for me. Looking down to my clothes I'm wearing a hospital gown with nothing underneath. Someone changed me. Someone saw my fucking thighs.

Trying to get the IV off me, Diana stops me from doing so. 'Lilah calm down- relax it's okay I'm here,'

'Why are you being so nice?' I feel my own heartbeat speed up as I try to get off the bed. Almost falling Dianna catches me. 'Can we go? I want to go home.'

Noticing pity wash over her face my stomach drops. She fucking knows and that's why I'm here. Im here because I was stupid enough to cut too deep. Trying to get past her she tries to get me back on the bed so I pretend to have gotten hurt so she lets go in a panic. Taking the opportunity to get to the door I push it open but I'm instantly blocked by someone's chest.

'My bad Diana I was just getting water-,' I recognize Alex's voice. Shooting my head up to meet his eyes his face softens and I instantly know that he's also aware because he has never given me the same look that Diana gave me earlier. 'You're... awake. That's good!'

'Yes. I'm awake and I'm fine. Let's go home now please.' I try to keep my voice steady but I can barely hear myself over my the stupid fucking ringing. It won't go the fuck away.

I've never let anyone find out and I'd never let anyone know. I was always so careful with when and where I did it but I was stupid. Stupid enough not to make sure I wasn't going to deep and too long because I've royally fucked myself over. It's one this for someone to accidentally find out but it's another to accidentally end up in the hospital for it.

'Yeah...we can go home but I don't know if the doctor will allow that right now.' His eyes wonder to the IV stand so I wrap my fingers around the cords and pull it out. Feeling a little prick I ignore the pain. 'Jesus-Don't do that Lilah-,'

'Lilah.' I hear Diana scold from behind me but I ignore the both of them. My goal is to get the fuck out of here before the doctor gets in here.

'I'm tired and I just want to get some rest.' I clear my throat to seem as normal as I possibly can. Even though I'm still a little woozy since I just woke up from what felt like the heaviest sleep of my life.