Thirty-two | Alex

Trying to move past the crowd of people in the hallway, everyone is trying to get to their first period class

Glancing to the side I walk past a few empty classrooms before noticing one which isn't empty. There's no one in there besides one person who's sitting at a corner desk. Squinting at I assume is a girl sitting on a chair in the corner of the room. Pursing my lips, I can hold a couple minutes before heading to my next class. Slowly opening the door to avoid suspicion I check on the student who's sat there.

'Hello?' I ask and she looks up at me but I can't make out her face. Turning to the light switch I flick it on and she quickly gets up.

'Lilah?' I barely recognize her.

She has her hair up in a disheveled ponytail. Grey tracksuit pants and a white tee she looks like a regular student. She is just a student of course but this isn't something you'd expect her to wear. Her dressing is usually way shorter and more complex than this, though she never does too much. Knowing how to style herself without people doing a doubly take or looking at her funny, it's her thing. This is not.

'Hey...' her voice cracks. 'I'm sorry but could you turn that light off.

Looking to the desk in front of her, she has a comb there so I assume she was going to use it. Except her eyes are red so I can tell why she got distracted.

Looking behind me I see the hallways clearing out so it shouldn't be long till teachers start walking out the staff rooms. I dont want to be standing in the doorway when they do so I step in the classroom and close the door behind me.

Turning the lights off again so you cant see us too clearly, the window in the corner allows for some form of light. Even though its not that bright, it still helps.

'Let me help you with that,' I point to the comb and she gives me a hesitant look.

'I'm okay-,' she tries to refuse but I don't let her.

'No I'm going to help you,' I say calmly. If I leave then she'll be too upset to leave. She might stay here all day until a class or teacher comes in and it'll be worse for her if she found herself in that situation. I don't want to think of myself too highly but she's lucky it was me who found her.

Reluctantly she sits back down in the chair so I take that as my cue to go to her. Reaching her, I stand behind her chair and reach for the comb.

Taking her hair out of the ponytail I slowly comb through her hair. It's pretty knotted so I try my best to not hurt her but I do from time to time since she winces.

'Flower gleam and glow...let your powers shine,' I mock the song that mother Gothel sings in repunzel, which makes her laugh. She's got pretty long hair and it's a really light blonde so it reminded me of the movie.

'Is Colton still upsetting you?' I ask when she's laughing since I didn't want to question her when she was still upset.

'Yes...but no.' She tries to find the words to explain, 'you know how people think I'm a bad friend,'