Sixty | Colten

'Then he purposely slips right in front of me!' I raise my hands in my own defense

'Then he purposely slips right in front of me!' I raise my hands in my own defense. 'I'm not even kidding I didn't even touch him but he slips and pretends to be injured.'

'What's the point of that.' Katie crosses her legs.

'They where behind by twenty points so they knew if I was benched they'd have to swap me out with someone else and it would fuck up the team dynamic and shit.' I take a bite out of the donut that we bought on the way back here.

After going to talk to Lilah yesterday night, I was going home until I remembered that I had forgotten that I promised to take Katie to get her car. When I went to her house, her car wasn't there so I ended up taking her. We stopped at my house since it was closer and it was getting late so she slept over.

It was kind of nice getting to talk to her without the interaction being about biology or Damon. She's a chill person to be around, but that's all.

We went to the game together the day after since she was going to go so she could watch Damon anyways.

We went in the same car to the stadium so she had to come back with me after if she wanted her car back. Stopping to get donuts and ice cream she ended up forcing me to get the flavor she wanted me to get. I'm not sure if it's because she read about how she used to do it, in my diary, or she genuine wanted me to match with her because she seemed oblivious to it.

'I felt so horrible about it because everyone knew I didn't touch him. It's just hard for the reff to deny carding me when he was on the ground and his team was around him.' I continue explaining it to her. 'It was only for the quarter though but since it happed at the beginning of the quarter and not the end, but we went down by all twenty points since the sub didn't understand any of the drills that they where doing on court.'

'It was honestly a stupid move on his part if you think about it.' She tries to make a point. 'Their team might've won that game but I doubt many universities will talk to him since it seems like he can get hurt easily.'

'Exactly what I was thinking! So fucking stupid.' I sit up since she's one of the few people who gets it. 'If I got hurt I would've ignored it and kept playing.'

'You shouldn't do that of you could end up with a long term injury,' she frowns but she's right because I taught her that for the exam when we covered cell damage due to over exhortation.

'Again, I'm only playing for my team...I already have a scholarship to the school I want to go too.' I lean against the wall behind my back. 'They're my team but they're also my best friends so a little injury is fine.'

That's really not how that works but I don't care. I don't want to let down others just because it doesn't affect me personally. Which is why I was beyond angry when I ended up being benched for so long.

'That's sweet of you.' She smiles before laying flat on her back with her arms out. I watch as she draws circles into the bedsheets with her finger. I'm sitting on the ground against the wall whilst she's on my bed. 'But you seem stressed,'