Sixty-seven || Damon

'Are you good?' Colton asks but I just stare at him

He looks even worse than when I last saw him. He seems as if he's brushing shoulders with death.

'Are you good?' I ask him the same question. Noticing me staring at his hair he quickly fixes it.

It's fair for him to ask me in the first place since I'm standing in front of his bedroom door uninvited. I didn't tell him I was coming since I didn't want him to run. He's been avoiding me recently.

'Uh yeah.' He looks to the side before stepping out and closing the door behind him. 'Sorry my room is a mess right now. I would've cleaned a little bit if I knew you where coming.'

'Dude are you actually okay?' I frown before moving past him. Opening his bedroom door I begin to pick up some things to help clean up.

'Yeah I'm just stressed over games-,' he tries to lie but I'm done with him giving me excuses.

'Okay look.' I stop him. 'I asked out of curtesy. Can you just be honest with me please?'

Crossing his arms uncomfortably he breaks eye contact with me. Sighing I sit on his bed. He's never been the most open when it comes to his emotions but he does still tell me things. If something would be bothering him this much he would tell me what was happening.

I'm here to check on him since he seems to be hiding and I'm worried. I don't want anything to happen to him, he's my best friend.

'Colton why did you give your diary to Katie? I assumed she'd be the last person you'd allow to read the book. Or is there something between the two of you?' I blatantly ask. Getting to the point is more efficient than stalling.

'No there's nothing there. I gave it to her because I assumed I didn't-,' he pauses for a few seconds before looking up at me. 'Wait what.'

He doesn't phrase it as a question but I answer anyways, 'I read it. A while ago when we where freshman but I pretended not to have seen it since I thought you would tell me eventually. You never did.'

Suddenly tensing up he presses his fingers into his biceps. I've never seen him so uncomfortable before. Knowing this wasn't going to be easy I didn't expect him to suddenly open up and talk to me. He was willing to hide for so long so he's most likely willing to hide it now.

'She didn't tell me about it, I found it in her room.' I don't want to throw Katie under the buss like that even though she's my sibling.

'Are you mad?' He seems genuinely worried but I just sigh. I don't want him to fear me.

''I'm not allowed to be.' I laugh uncomfortably because it's true.

Given who my girlfriend is, if I got upset it would make me a trashier human being than I already am. I'm saying that I am upset though, simply because he didn't tell me. There is no way he genuinely thought that I would hurt him over it. I love my sister but I also love Colton, we've known each other since we where kids. I'd go to almost any lengths to protect him.