Forty-six | Noah

I don't really like her

I wasn't really lying either. I did compare her to other girls but I feel like that was more out of curiosity. Everything I'm doing is mainly out of curiosity since I'm genuinely confused. I've had girls show dedication to be with me countless times but the way she does it is new. I haven't seen anyone handle me the way she does, so I got curious and I don't see that as a crime.

I've also been ignoring her recently. It's been awkward since she saw me with that girl and all. I need to at least talk to her or call her. I need to do something at least.

Feeling a Basketball hit the back of my neck I dart my head towards where it came from. Noticing Damon laughing he shoots at the hoop and gets it in.

'Guys get up! You're so boring.' He says giddily but I just stare at his wrapped hand.

'Are you sure you're crippled?' I blink at him with an exhausted expression. 'Are you sure that doctor that got you checked didn't fuck up the x-ray reading?'

'No because actually what the fuck dude.' Thale stretches his arms as he gets off the court. 'We've been training for like four hours straight and I'm so tired.'

'Already? It's only like...twelve pm.' He picks up another basketball. Watching him dribble it up to the hoop he jumps and scores it before hanging onto the hoop with his working hand.

'Get up! Guy we can go for another hour!' He groan in frustration has he drops to the ground. 'Come on! Come on!'

Glancing at the others, they're sitting on the bench exhausted. Damon has been overtraining all morning and wouldn't give us a break. Where the fuck is all this energy even coming from? Wasn't it just yesterday where he was moping around?

'You look like you seriously haven't slept in a while,' I point out. I'm not wrong either since he has eye bags and his hair is something else. Yet somehow he has so much serotonin coursing though him.

'Did you take some of Noah's steroids or something?' Jacob mumbles as he wipes the sweat from his forehead. 'Because I need like a ten minute break at least dude. Even coach already left.'

Kicking him in the shin he groan from the pain. 'I don't do steroids.'

'Sorry I meant heroin.' He makes another comment so I aim to hit him again but he expects it and dodges.

'No but are you good now? You where so boring when you where pussy whipped...are you over her now?' Thale sits down onto the ground so he can recollect himself. He took Damon's enthusiastic energy as a challenge so he's probably the most tired out of all of us.

'You can't just 'get over' someone as amazing as Brylan,' Damon stretches his arms as he heads towards another basketball since he threw his too far. There is no possible way hes actually going to continue playing. I can already feel my body getting sore. Seriously I won't be able to move at school tomorrow if I continue training without breaks.

'Then what's with the change of heart? Did you fuck her or something?' Colton narrows his eyes but he doesn't get an response from Damon. Looking away from Colton when I realize that Damon didn't respond, instead he discretely changes the topic.

'You know Jordan spoke to me the other day...since you know...I broke his ankle, and he was like-,' Damon rambles but Colton cuts him off.

'You didn't answer my question?' He leans back.

'Yeah what are you hiding Damon~,' Jacob raises his eyebrows at him. 'You never tell us anything about anything,'

'I didn't-,' Damon chucks the ball at him playfully but he catches it and drops it to the side.

'Overruled! Took you too long to get to that answer so you definitely did.' Thale grins cockily, 'how did you get her to stop hating you?'

'I don't know she just-,'

'So You're agreeing to screwing her?' Thale pretends to be shocked which makes me laugh.

'There is no way you genuinely thought it wasn't going to happen? It's Damon bro.' I raise my eyebrows. 'Look at his gorgeous face,'

'Stop hitting on me,' Damon laughs sarcastically as he picks up the ball that Jacob dropped. Throwing it at the hoop from off court he gets it in, as expected.

'What I'll never understand is you guys obsession which younger girls,' Jacob sits down on the ground so Thale decides to sit next to him.

Thale looks over to Jacob so he can mimics a waist gripping gesture with his hand held out in front of him. 'So you see...They're like smaller since they're younger, which means they're tighter around your-,'

'Dude.' Jacob hits him at the back of the head which makes him laugh. Thale has always been the most outspoken. Usually he's described as me, but if I said what I thought aloud but I don't see it.

'You guys are so dramatic...I didn't even touch her,' Watching Jacob get up, he rushes towards Damon. Swinging his arm around Damon's shoulder and pokes at his shoulder.

'Come onnn,' he teases, 'how did it feel?'

'Stop.' He bites his lip to hide his amusement but its showing. It's pretty obvious how much he loves Jacob even though he likes to make it seem like he's annoyed by him.

'You're smiling! See what I mean? They're smaller.' Thale gets up to defend his argument. Following the two boys, Jacob hits Thale to get him to stop. Which he obviously doesn't.

Getting up off the group I lose track of their conversation when I notice Colton looking at me sideways.

'Why are you looking at me like you're suspecting me of murder?' I give him a sarcastic smile so he gets up also.

'Whats you're opinion on younger girls?' He says as he picks his varsity jacket off the bench so he can walk with me.

'You're asking me? I don't give a fuck.' I laugh but he keeps analyzing me which is beginning to make my skin crawl. 'Why so stiff?'

'Okay...can you see yourself with a younger girl?' He raises his eyebrows which is making me question him. His questions are oddly suggestive and its making me wonder if he's still on about Katie.

I had asked him not to tell Damon about her and he thankfully hasn't. At least I assumed he hasn't since Damon hasn't beat the shit out of me yet.

Although Colton hasn't really talked about it to me since I asked. I guess it's fair since he did take Katie home after the game. The game was the last time I've  actually spoken to Katie in general.

'If they can talk then they're old enough,' I joke which earns a hit at the back of the head from Colton.

'Gross- I was being serious.' He laughs which eases my worry a little bit since he hasn't asked about her. Maybe he was just generally curious.

'I'm taking about Katie.'

Nevermind.

'Yeah she's cute.' I say bluntly since I don't know how to answer the question.

'Well if you like her then you should tell her that,' He puts on his varsity jacket so he can pocket his hands. 'If not then you should also tell her that since stringing a girl on if you don't really feel the same never ends well...trust me I know.'

Not having time to ask him the premise of his question we enter the changing rooms. Hearing him immediately start talking to the others, I just poke the inside of my cheek. I wasn't lying when I said she was cute because she definitely is. The only issue is I think that's where my feels start and that's also where it ends.

I also don't know if I feel bad about it either.