Come Back To Me (Destiel)

It had been years since Dean had last seen Cas, and his drinking habits proved worse as the years wearied on. He was a broken soul, drowning his depression in alcohol and no sleep, loosing those around him. Sammy had left with Gabriel one year ago, got married, and had settled in a house in Kansas. He called from time to time, checking on his depressed brother, but this didn't help Dean, not one bit.

Castiel, on the other hand, was worse off than Dean ever will or would be. He left only because he was tired of hurting the one he loved, tired of the pain and lose he caused. Every one telling him it wasn't love, he was just curious it would never last. The voices in his head screamed worse things than anyone thinks, telling him to end it all, leave this earthly prison. The angel sits now, sobbing and screaming his true feelings off into the cold desert night. Castiel screams that he loves Dean, he will do anything to protect him. He screams for hours, all the angels hear their brother crying for help but seem not to help, the angel had rebelled, the rules said it wasn't aloud to help him.

The eldest Winchester steps out of the rugged hotel, feeling the cold autumn air hit his skin as he walks toward his beloved 67' Chevy Impala. "One last ride." He purrs to the car lovingly and strokes the dashboard idly, getting lost in the memories of him and Cas and all the good times they had together. Snapping out of his thoughts, Dean starts the car and heads for his hiding place. He soon arrives at an empty field on the edge of town, the wheat blowing in the cold frosty wind, making it seem more like waves on the ocean than wheat. Getting out of his car, Dean walks toward the middle of the field, letting his fingers skim the tops of the plants.

The angel wraps himself in a protective cocoon of his black wings, blocking the world out as he slowly gives in to depression. The wings enclose around him, covering his whole body, "Come back to me." He calls to the musty air and sobs harder. That's when he heard a familiar voice call to him through the radio in his head.

"Hey Cas, I was praying to tell you, I need you. Sammy's gone, Bobby died years ago, and I don't want to be alone so please, come back to me. I know I have messed up, said things I shouldn't but please, come back to me." Dean chocked out his last word and began to sob. It was true, the angel seemed to be the only thing keeping Dean alive this day and time, but (since Castiel was gone) he has no reason to live.

Castiel jumped up from his spot on the desert floor and began to fly as fast as he could, the giant black wings creating dust as he picked up speed, tears falling down his cheeks as he sped across the Sahara desert. Soon, some where two hours away from Dean (but at the speed Castiel was going he would be there in two minutes) his wings began to grow tired and he lost his pace, it scared Castiel as he began to fall, his wings beating slower and slower, falling faster and harder, the ground coming into view,"No!" He roared and beat his wings harder and faster, feeling as if his wings would fall off. When he finally made it to the field, he crashed down. His wings felt so sore, throbbing from the pain of working so hard. "Dean?!" He cried out and ran to the hunter, his back on fire from the pain.

"Cas?!" Dean screamed and ran toward the running figure. They met in the middle, the wind seemed to stop blowing as Castiel jumped into Dean's arms, sobbing hard, and clinging to his hunter.

"It's okay Cas, I got you. I will never ever let you go again."

"Please, don't Dean. I love you."

"And I love you too."

They stayed that way, in each others arms, Castiel sobbing hard at finally having his hunter back, and Dean basking in the moment he got to hold the one he loved.

In that moment, in Dean's arms, Castiel knew he had something worth fighting for, and planned to stay with him until the end of time.