Being Human (Destiel)

"DEAN!" Castiel screamed from his room in the bunker
Dean comes running into the room, on high alert, a demon knife in hand. "Cas! You okay? What happened?"
Castiel looks up at him,"I think I am a prophet."
Dean lets out a breath. "That all? Why you screamin' man?"
"It was very..." He struggled for the right word,"It frightened me Dean, I apologize."
"Why you apologizing? Tell me what happened? Cmon, time for the Team Free Will touchy feely crap." He says, sitting down.
Castiel chuckles at his humor, and frowns, the memory of the dream coming back to him,"It was about Metatron. He had you and Sam, I couldn't save you." He trails off, looking down.
Dean pauses, before trying to hold in laughs. "Cas. That wasn't a prophet vision jumbo crap. It's called a nightmare. "
Castiel furrows his brow, tilting his head,"Are you sure?"
"Pretty freakin' sure. " he says. "You know what dreams are?"
"I have an idea, but have never experienced one before."
"Nightmares are bad dreams. Sometimes they're complete crap, sometimes they're fears of an event that never came. Like Sammy and I getting captured by Metadouche."
Castiel nods, thinking it over,"I seem to understand."
"I swear dude. You're not a prophet."
Castiel nods, deep in thought.
"What else is bothering ya? "
"It's nothing.." He trails off
"Cmon Man. It's not often I offer to have a touchy feeely share time. "
"I have a strange feeling."
"That it might come true?" Dean asks softly.
"Yes." He says looking at Dean.
Deans eyes soften and he stands up , sliding next to Cas in bed. "I promise you. It's not."
Castiel sighs, putting his head in his hands,"I miss my grace." He says softly.
"I know. I'm sorry..." Dean says softly, pulling him close. "But..think of me like your grace now. I'm here to protect you."
Castiel lays his head onto Dean's shoulder,"Promise?"
"I promise. I won't let anything happen to you or me."
Castiel smiled faintly,"Thank you."
"No. No thanks." Dean murmurs, pulling him closer
Castiel hums and snuggles into Dean.
"Just relax okay? I'm here. I got you."
Castiel smiles, all tension bleeding away as he slowly relaxes.
Dean smiles and starts to relax too. "I promise Cas. I won't let anything happen to us."
Castiel is so caught up in the moment, he doesn't control what comes out of his mouth next,"I love you Dean." Castiel panicked slightly after he realizes what he has said.
Dean blinks before nuzzling his messy head of hair. "I love you too Cas."
Castiel relaxes almost instantly, happy his hunter loved him to.
"That's how I know I'll make sure nothin happens to us." He says, smiling and kissing his head.
Castiel smiles,"I'm glad that you share my sentiment."
"I'm glad God made the most smokin Angel in love with me."
Castiel looks up, blushing cherry red.
"I love you." He says softly, kissing him gently.
"I love you too." He mumbles against the others lips and kisses back.
He smiles and nuzzles closer. "Now relax please?"
"Yes Dean." He says and relaxes, slowly falling asleep.
Dean smiles and holds Cas closer, pulling the blankets up over him. "Good night Angel." He smiles.
"Goodnight." He mumbles and falls completely asleep.
Dean smiles, drifting off as well, protecting his Angel from all the nightmares.