"Move forward! 前進する!"

Tanjirou pulled away from the embrace just after a few seconds. He was getting better at calming himself. Then, sheathing the two blades, Tanjirou moved to the interconnected door where Nezuko waited.

"Nezuko! You have to protect those who are asleep!" The demon nodded and ran off. The only issue was protecting the rest of the passengers. Nezuko, yourself, and Tanjirou certainly wasn't enough.

Your insides churned. Would all these people vanish before your eyes once again? Standing, feeling the tarnished wind rush past your face. Tanjirou took the lead, running atop the train towards the other cars.

When the train's roof started bending outward, Inoskue shot through the roof, swords out and ready. "Men, come with me! Look at me! Explosive awakening! Comin' through, Lord Inosuke is here! The boar is advancing by leaps and bounds; Lord Inosuke is here!"

Tanjirou tried to yell past the howling wind in his face. "Inosuke! No place on this train is safe!" He repeated something similar. "We need to protect those who fell asleep! The whole train has completely turned into a demon!"

"Did you hear that? This whole train is a demon! I knew it. Exactly as I expected. I am very wise! and I lack nothing as a boss!" Inosuke jumped down into the hole, cutting the newly formed demon trying to attack passengers.

Taking the lead and jumped down into the nearest section, which happened to he through a window. Large areas of the train already morphed into the demon's body. Significant units of it tried attacking sleeping people nearby.

Unsheathing the blade, you cut each one that tried to attack a harmless sleeper. The blade sliced through each section with little force, yet blood splattered all over your face, blinding your eyes for a moment.

Yet, with each clean-cut, the demon repaired and regenerated itself in a matter of seconds. Just how long could this go on? There were only four of us, and the number of cars outnumbered us.

Just as you cut another flesh arm, something rocked the train nearly off its tracks. Your body was thrown to the side as Tanjirou jerked forwards.

"Was that thunder?" It was probably Zenitsu. You hoped he was helping those, unfortunately still asleep, or at least Nezuko.

The demon took little chance of distraction and started attacking the passengers again. It was hard enough to move within the confined space, the blade just barely able to slice just what it needed to.

Sheathing your blade and unsheathed the smaller one. It was well suited for the space and didn't have a chance of injuring innocents.

Another flesh arm formed in the center aisle and attacked hardest to dodge. Finally, plunging the blade and ripped it in half by jumping to the side. Blood splattered across your face and nose, singing it. How much longer could just us keep defending everyone?

Your thoughts jumbled together until nothing was left. Your fingers grew numb, frost crawling along with the fingertips. It didn't matter.

Suddenly, the train jerked, throwing your body over a seat. All the air is pushed from your lungs with little time to recoup. Tanjirou was thrown forwards, landing upsidedown against a wall.

"What in heaven's name was that?" You muttered. Only for a heartbeat, the ringing in your ear increased, then faded.

"Kamado!"

Before you could even blink, your body was held by the waist like a dog by Rengoku. Yet, a confident smile stayed plastered on his face as he approached Tanjirou.

"Mr. Rengoku! and... (y/n)?"

"Uhm, I don't know?" He set you down at his side and leaned in.

"Before coming here I used a flurry of attacks against the demon. It will take some time for the demon to regenerate." His words were firey yet calm under pressure. "There's not much time, so I will make it short."