"Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki 育手鱗滝左近次"

"Excuse me. Would it be okay if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" (y/n) stopped as Tanjirou talked to a young man plowing in a field. The basket he referred to seemed scattered with holes; maybe the bamboo was to repair it? 

"Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes." The male tipped a straw hat in respect as they fetched it.

"Yes. I'll pay you for it." Tanjirou said with a determined voice. "No, that's all right. I mean, it's a basket with holes." Their banter went on for a few moments before Tanjioru slapped money into the male's hand. 

"Yes, I will pay you! Please accept this, although it's just a small change!" (y/n) clapped a hand over their mouth to stop laughing when the male just yelped in pain.

"Thank them, sir; sorry about your hand!" They bowed to the male before chasing after Tanjirou, who had begun to walk off. The male yelped in pain, making them cringe on the inside. It was an odd thing to insist on paying for in the first place. 

"Tanji-Kun? Was there such a need to pay him for something broken?"

"I would have felt bad for it! It was a courtesy!" The rosewood-haired male turned towards them with a fake hurt look. Their arm slung around his neck in a headlock. They ruffled his hair playfully, making him laugh loudly. 

"Amurastu will make you her servant if you keep up that kind act Tanji-Kun!" Tanjirou pushes them off with a giant smile on his face. "Yeah, yeah, I get it! Anyways why is there another scent of a demon on you? It's not Nezuko's scent."

(y/n) released him from the grip when the memory came rushing back. It was something new and somewhat weird. Have they ever wondered why the scent was even still there? "It's probably from a demon I ran into a few days before returning." Tanjirou grabbed their shoulders and shook them violently. "What! What happened?"

Grabbing hold of his wrists, they forced Tanjirou to stop shaking them. "I'm... not sure. He was strange, to say the least; he didn't hurt anyone and just stared at me before leaving." Although it was strange, he looked like someone from the Isumi Tribe long ago. But all those people were either dead or in hiding. (y/n) was mainly mariachi and hunted by demons for the longest time. As a result, they vanish from the world. Could that Demon be one?

"Is he like Nezuko?" Tanjirou asked, more curious than anything. If there were others out there like Nezuko, then there was hope for the demonkind after all. (y/n) merely shrugged, thinking about those icy pained blue eyes. The Demon looked so hungry to them but made no move to devour them. 

"No idea; he honestly looked like he was starving to me. But didn't do anything."

~

They turned towards one of the older women working in a rice field. "Do they know where Mt. Sagiri is?" Tanjirou slowly stopped once he noticed they weren't behind him anymore. 

"Mt. Sagiri? If they want to go to Mt. Sagiri, they'll have to cross over that peak, but-" The woman's facial features turned from curious to concerned once she spotted the two teens. "The sun's about to set. Are they heading there with all that luggage? It's dangerous, they know." 

The two of them smiled at the older woman. "Thank them for the concern, but we'll be alright." They joined Tanjirou's side again and walked in the direction the lady pointed out.

"People have gone missing lately! Try not to lose your way!" Tanjirou turned to wave, his hand cutting through the air smoothly. Losing their way is a part of life, and what matters is finding it anew. Soon, the scenery changed from uncomplicated fields coated in a golden hour to the blur resplendent of the forest.