"Hinokami ヒノカミ"

Tanjirou dodged a long silver thread, jumping back a few feet. His heels dug into the dirt, skidding to a halt.

Out of the corner of your eye was the black glint of a blade about to sever a thread.

"Tanji-Kun, don't!"

The echoing warning came too late. The web sliced through the tough metal like it were soft gold.

It slapped against his chest, throwing Tanjirou back back few feet. He fell to the ground on one knee, holding the lesion.

Dodging a attack, you stepped in front of Tanjirou while holding the blade at a lower right. Your lungs burned, moving around that quickly was beginning to grow tiresome.

"Stay away from him..." A low defensive growl rumbled from the back of your throat.

The attacks ceased as the demon's glare latched onto the protective stance. Taking a thumb, you smeared the blood dripping down your nose.

"Why...? You're obviously bleeding more than him..." The continuous echoing thud behind your eye grew erratic. Everything in your line if vision seemed to pulse in time with your heart. "Why protect the weaker one? They deserve to be wiped out."

Your lips pressed into a thin line, still trying to focus.  The blade lowered slightly, letting your guard relax just a bit.

"... Because I love him."

The demon's red-lit gaze altered to intense rage. His hand flew forwards, throwing more attacks.

Grabbjng Tanjirou's hand and pullimg him close allowed you to quickly jump to the left. The thread twisted and slapped harshly against your back.

Without time to recover, another whipped above your head forcing you drop to the ground.

Pressing your body so close to the ground, it's vivid scent pushed up into your nose.

Another one caught you off guard forcing you to jump up into the air. Beneath you, Tanjirou jumped around carefully avoiding the webs.

Neither of you could do to too well, leaving cuts on your faces.

While falling, another web lashed out for your chest. Quickly, you rolled into a ball to make you fall faster. Even though, you weren't quite quick enough so it hit your injured arm creating a loud slapping noise.

You landed on the ground in time to jump back from another attack. You stuck the blade into the dirt to keep you from going to far.

Tanjirou landed next to you, panting just as hard.

"Well? Are you going to take it back?" Your grip on the hilt tightened, your throat now burning and dry.  The dull thud increased slightly.

The Demon raised a hand with a slight twitch of his lip.

You fearfully glanced up to see a inter working of webs above our heads.

"Shit." You grabbed Tanjirou's arm and yanked him down to your level. Lastly, you placed the blade above our heads. Your entire body flinched and tensed as to get you ready for the pain that would come.

But, there wasn't anything except for something wet to splatter against your cheek.

"N-Nezuko?"

Your eyes snapped open to see Nezuko standing in front of you and Tanjirou, taking the hit.

"Nezuko!"

She barely looked back, a warm look glazed in her sakura eyes. Her form went limp, falling backward into your arms. Tanjirou took her unconscious form from you and ran behind a tree.