"Kibutsuji Muzan• 鬼舞辻 無惨"

"Nezuko, (y/n), I'm going down. You take good care of them." Tanjirou turned away with a determination they've seen so many times already. Although, they didn't want him going into that swamp alone.

Hesitating, they latched onto his sleeve. "Tanji-Kun..." Their voice grew soft and worried for the male. Who wouldn't? That's their element and most likely hard to breathe down there. Tanjirou's lips curled into a smile as they looked away.

They were taken off guard when his arm wrapped securely around their waist. Then, pulling them flush against his side. For sure, he could feel their heart rate shoot through the roof.

"I know you can do it," Tanjirou muttered to his sister, who looked determined. Their body sinks into the muck, its stagnant water almost like saliva clinging to their clothes.

The rosewood-haired male's grip tightened as the two of them were pulled underneath the murky waters. If that's what they would even call it. It was a bright green surrounded by swirls of dark patches. As the two sank further, large pieces of ripped clothing floated around in a vertex.

In the distance, there was a flash of movement. Figuring it was the two demons watching, they turned to Tanjirou. His brow was furrowed with emotion, anger for what these demons had done.

The clothes and belongings of those being taken away? They have claimed so many innocent lives: those who live and those who die. And one more life was to be claimed tonight.

"Isn't it suffocating, brat? There's almost no air in this swamp, and they must be feeling heavy surrounded in its darkness." The demon's voice seemed to vibrate throughout the murky waters, causing (y/n) to look away from Tanjirou.

"You're not as nimble as you are on land." The two demons circle, sharks, hunting for their next helpless victims in the sea. "Serves them right. It's stupid enough for them to jump in so recklessly."

Tanjirou glanced at them with a small smile, knowing he wanted to try something. It was hard enough to combine two different move sets and hasn't worked before. But maybe now it will.

Tanjirou unsheathed his blade and held it up into the air at an angle. But since he wasn't holding onto them, they had to wrap their arms around his waist tightly. That way, the sheer force of the set won't blow (y/n) away.

A giant whirlpool forms around us in a sharp twist of his upper body. Tanjirou quickly moved to grab them; in response, they took the blade and copied his move. Instantly, the water turned to ice shards. They were now circling in a vortex that would rip anything to shreds.

Combined Skill: Whirlpool Vortex

Fortunately, both the demons got caught within the radius and were torn limb from limb. Then, as the vortex dissipated, they swam upwards—the slow suffocation from the lack of oxygen.

Tanjirou swam past them and latched onto their hand, pulling them out of the enclosing swamp. The cold air pushed its way into their lungs while beginning to regain a typical breathing pattern.

"Keep your hands off, my sister!" Tanjirou left them there to cut off the arms of the demon. His voice was the precise opposite of when he spoke to them. It was dark, full of hate, yet had a pang of remorse.

"(y/n)? A-are you okay?" Kazumi asked from a safe distance. They gave him a shaky smile and waved off his concern.

"You three have the stench of rotten oil. It's extremely unbearable. How many people have they killed?"

Sitting up, they realize just how bad it did smell. Not as bad as the demon from the final selection. Ammonia that was mixed with oil was pretty close.

"If we let those girls live on, they will grow ugly and stale. So we ate them for their good! They should thank us demons for--" In a swift movement, Tanjirou sliced its mouth to silence it.