"Swordsmen accompanying a demon 鬼を連れた剣士"

"Are you done changing?" Tanjirou asked. They walked out of the room while sliding on their mother's haori. It was a treasured gift that she left behind with them long ago. So in tribute, they wore it.

"Yuh." (y/n) chuckled while pulling their uneven hair back and out of the way. Then they checked the tightness of the strap around their thigh. Their blade was an intricate design. It seemed to match the small one they had strapped to their thigh.

Tanjirou watched them with a warm smile, only to have Urokodaki interrupt his thoughts.

"Tanjirou, (y/n). Before they begin with the mission for Demon Slayer Corps, I have a few things to clarify."

They looked towards him, silently telling the master to continue. "The Demon Slayer Corps' uniform they are wearing is made from a special fiber. Exceptional permeability. It doesn't get wet or catch fire easily. Normal demon's claws and teeth won't be able to rent this uniform."

(y/n) looked at the black sleeves and tugged it. The fabric didn't move much compared to previous outfits. "It is rather sturdy."

"Also, the Nichirin blade they own will change its color depending on the owner. Every color has its characteristics. However, black swords are too rare. I don't understand its specialty."

Their mind wandered toward the blade at their hip. It was a relatively simple design. Its dark color and light cracks that look like ice lacing the edge were undoubtedly rare.

"The odd design on (y/n)'s blade seems to match the small one. An odd trait indeed." Urokodaki continued while Tanjirou just grew more confused. It looked like he had a hard time understanding the color meanings. But, of course, they'd be a flat-out liar if they said that they understood. "Because I don't understand... If that's the case, is there a problem, Master Urokodaki?"

Urokodaki continued as if the students weren't confused as heck. He'd left them sprawling around in the light of knowledge for a bit. "I heard only talented swordsmen who aren't appreciated use black swords."

Tanjirou's expression changed from confused to determined while they were still utterly lost.

"I don't know what I can achieve in Demon Slayer Corps, but I'll turn Nezuko back into a human." (y/n) sighed quietly. Admitting the fact, they'll probably never get what Urokodaki was even talking about in the first place.

"You're right. I believe we can achieve it with (y/n) by my side!" Tanjirou's statement caused them to flush and turn away immediately. Can he be any more prominent? While they were calming down, Urokodaki got up to get a box.

"Other than that, this thing. It's a box for them to carry their sister during the day. It was made of Mist Cloud Fir, a very light wood. The exterior is hard because of the rock lacquer coating. It's strong and durable."

It looked light enough to them. Tanjirou picked it up by the strap, and his face melted into amazement. "Thank you very much. It's so light! This is light, Master Urokodaki!" The young male walked over to the futon where Nezuko was hiding underneath the covers, watching all of us intently.

Once she was inside, Urokodaki gave them some of (favorite food), and they all wished goodbye. There was no guarantee that he would see the three of us again, but he had enough hardship with losing everyone he cared about. So they would make it their second mission to come back alive.

Soon, Chi flew down and rested in the crook of their neck, snuggling in-between their uniform and hair. A small smile pulled on their lips at the tiny creature.

They gave her a sunflower seed and watched as Chi preyed it open to chirp happily. The different thoughts swirled in their minds, and endless sea to get lost in. And drifting aimlessly was something they were good at.