"The House with the Wisteria Family Crest • 藤の花の家紋の家"

Tanjirou's fist collided with the Male's abdomen, creating an uncomfortable crack. He was thrown backward, losing the swords in the process.

"I heard it! You broke his ribs!" Zenitsu screeched. The kids rushed out into the sunlight, where you joined the Male's side—taking your sleeve to wipe up the blood on Zenitsu's face.

"(Y-y/n)... Might I ask you something?" The tone of his voice made something in your gut sink.

"Hm? What is it?" It took more effort than you were willing to admit to keeping a stoic face.

"I-I don't mean to sound rude... But what are you?" Your hand froze midway of cleaning up his wounds while your gaze flickered downwards. The truth was... you didn't know.

"Listen... all you need to know is that I'm your friend. Nothing more." You said softly while continuing to clean him up. 'Zenitsu... If the time ever comes, you need to know the entire story. I'll tell you, but until then, I think it's best if you were left in the dark.'

"B-But why do you-?" He was cut off by Tanjirou grabbing the Male by the shoulders and headbutting him. "Oh yeah. That has to hurt..."

"That sound! Did they crack their skulls!?" Zenitsu screeched. You giggled slightly at his response. "Hm. One of them probably did." Knowing that one was the Male, Tanjirou's head is hard as a rock, and you would know.

More than once, you've collided full force and hit it. It left a bruise on your forehead for weeks each time it happened. I wouldn't be surprised if one were forming on your forehead right now.

The Male stumbled back and tried to recover his balance. But his boar mask fell right off. Underneath was a guy, Tanjirou's age, with dark blue hair and lighter tips. Fair skin and green eyes that matched.

"Oh... He's kinda cute for a guy." Tanjirou gave you a sideways curious look to where you just shrugged playfully. 'Of course, Tanji-Kun is cute too.'

From there, he attempted to fight Tanjirou again. With a sigh, you plopped down into the dirt. "This might take a second."

Zenitsu was the one to look at you curiously this time. You pointed to his forehead just as the Male shouted out his name.

"How about I tell you my name instead!! I'm Inosuke Hashibira!!" Inosuke looked confident for a guy with blood dripping down his face.

"How is that written exactly?" Tanjirou asked. 'Is he stalling for time or just that curious?' Anyways, Inosuke's reaction to his question made you giggle. He froze in a state of shock or confusion. "I don't know how to read or write! It's written on my loin-"

"There it is." Inosuke's eyes rolled upwards as he collapsed backward. "He collapsed! Is he dead?"

You stood and walked over to Inosuke to poke his cheek. It looks like he was down and out with that hit—only a matter of time.

"Nup. He probably has a concussion because you struck him, Tanji-Kun." Tanjirou laughed nervously while rubbing the back of his neck. "Oops. My bad."

"Next time, try head breathing instead, Tanji-Kun, if all you're gonna do is bonk people." You teased while poking Tanjirou's cheek with your good hand. The rosewood-haired Male's fingers secretly ran down your numb arm. Silently asking how it was.

Your hand took him and returned his worries with a calm smile.

"How terrifying. Tanjirou's head isn't bleeding at all, and (y/n) has a bruise on their forehead. How hard is his head?" Zenitsu asked after seeing the amount of blood dripping down Inosuke's face.

"You don't want to know. He hit me accidentally not too long ago. I still see stars." Reaching up, you moved some hair to cover the bruise.

"Come on (y/n)! You know it's was the force!" The rebuttal was true, but teasing him was just a little more fun. However, the guilty look wasn't a good look on Tanjirou.