"Sore ni makete それに負けて"

Drool oozed past their sharp fangs as a sword sheath was pushed farther into their mouth. Slimy foam dripped down their chin as a low, threatening growl rumbled from the back of their throat.

Several voices called out from within the treeline. "(y/n)! Where did they go?" Not paying the calls much mind, they glared down at the demon beneath them. (e/c) lascivious orbs glared back at them.

"How wonderful. Let's put on a show, young master." Their claws dug into the dirt in anger. Without this sheath in their mouth, they'd be ripping Muse apart.

The demon yanked his head back, looking as though holding them back was more complicated than it looked. "T-Tanji-Kun! H-help me!" Another low growl escaped them at the sound of Tanjirou's nickname.

"Every second you wait in that form. The more humanity you lose." The normal (e/c) sheen began to darken, turning to a demonic green. Every single emotion except for the anger they felt faded away.

That's right... Drowning in your hatred.

Muse's gaze turned fearful just as Tanjirou and the other two burst into the clearing.

"(y/n)!? W-wait. What?" His eyes snapped towards Tanjirou. "T-Tanji-Kun! It's a fake! Don't be fooled by it!" He cried out.

Their gaze flickered upwards to see the males standing there, but they were nothing but humans—no faces to match a name. The center's eyes met theirs with conflict. Hesitatinance kept him from tearing the two apart.

Without warning, the edge of a sheath was trusted violently into (y/n)'s stomach. An involuntary cry of pain escaped their throat. Instantly they were thrown a few feet away and left to rot alone.

Their gaze looked up to see distinct humans. However, none of them looked familiar.

"T-thank you." Muse stood by, grabbing Tanjirou's hand.

"Don't mention it. Why does the demon look like you?" Muse rubbed the back of his neck, remembering they were a completely different person from him. "I-It bit me and transformed to look like that."

Tanjirou and the others crowded around Muse, who still held their appearance. Meanwhile, they sat low squat, palms pressed flat against the ground between their legs. Inosuke turned towards them, watching intently.

Their body shook ever so slightly as one of their arms rose to protect the sore spot. Blood fell from their mouth as they watched back.

"It's bleeding." Inosuke pointed out.

Tanjirou turned to him with a curious look. "How? I didn't draw my blade. Demons don't suffer internally, I think." Just as he finished, (y/n) coughed out blood.

Zenitsu just proceeded to scream and run around. His cries' force caused them to slam their palms over their ears. Their face contorted into a wince.

"What should we do with it?" Muse asked while hanging off Tanjirou's arm. The second Tanjirou's hand met his hilt, they were already darting into the forest. The complaints of everyone else faded away the deeper they went.

"W-wait. Let's not kill it."

Once they were sure it was safe, they unknowingly followed by treetop. Below, they walked back towards the path. Muse kept hanging off Tanjirou, making them nervous. Although their conversation was too soft to hear, there was only a guess that Muse was playing a part.

They jumped to a high enough tree and sat there. Watching intently. A fire had been set but was slowly dying. Its last embers are flickering about in the late night.

Zenitsu had fallen asleep with Nezuko's box clutched tightly in his arms. Inosuke was leaning on a tree again, arms crossed. But it looked like Muse and Tanjirou were nowhere to be found.