"Rehabilitation Training 機能回復訓練"

"Going on a mission?"

The male turned around, bright firelight eyes connected with her wisteria crested ones. "It's you, Kocho. And... You? I forgot your name." He asked rather loudly. It took a second for you to mutter an answer since the abrupt question caught you off-guard.

"I'm (y/n) sir." Taking a slight bow to show him respect. For you, although it wasn't always given in return, he was among the few who accepted you.

"Ah, ok! I've got some news about demons. They told our compatriots who were sent there were brutally killed. Some civilians have fallen victim too." His demeanor didn't change through the death of those victimized has a low chance of being remorse or remembered. "I can't let that be."

Something in your gut sank and churned into a pile of mush.

"Could it be the Twelve Demon Moons?" Shinobu's smile didn't even fade in the mention of Muzan's top demons. Although the top six were one's to fear. The lower six were still powerful enough to end lives; one pillar could handle them alone.

"I'm afraid so. Probably the Upper Moons." Confidence oozed from every part of the male, yet a scent of kindness and understanding leaked through the cracks.

"That looks like a challenging task." Shinobu's voice lowered in a tone slightly, showing a bit of concern. "Since you're going there alone, I don't see the need to worry."

Rengoku turned to face her fully, a slight interest gleaming behind his eyes. "Kocho. What are your plans with that headbutt boy under your care? And what of this one?"

"You suggested that we seek more successors, but you don't seem to be taking him in as one." Your body shrunk into itself under his gaze.

"It's not like I'm going to eat them, so don't worry about that." Shinobu giggled.

"Of course, you won't." Rengoku turned to leave. Your words stayed stuck at the back of your throat. You wanted them to ring through the air, but nothing came out when your mouth opened.

Just before he turned around the corner, your feet uprooted. "S-Sir! Wait..." You barely managed to grab the hem of his flaming shawl.

He turned to look down at you. "What is it?" Another shudder shot down your spine when his smoldering gaze stared into your own. "I'm sorry for taking your time. I apologize for any fear I unintentionally caused you or anyone here. It's what, not what I want..."

His flamed shawl slipped from your fingers and hesitantly grabbed your elbow. He was much bigger than you, more powerful. He instilled a type of fear and respect into you that wasn't there before.

Your gaze lowered to your shoes. "I don't fear you, young one. You seem harmless to me." A hand landed on your head, messing up your hair slightly.

"Indeed they are. In order not to scare anyone around the estate, they've stayed quiet and out of the way. It certainly is concerning that young boy who fascinated with them." The fact that Shinobu mentioned that Tanjirou was concerned about your behavior.

"Hm. I love your courage, young one. Put your words into action, and I'm sure you'll do fine." Rengoku patted your shoulder then turned around. His cape swiveled in the wind slightly, stirring something in your soul. He sounded like Tanjiou barely but a little wonky.

"Please... Be careful, Rengoku-San." You muttered. That emotional feeling in your gut dimmed but was still a flickering ember. Pushing it down, you took a deep breath, trying to convince yourself it would be all ok.

"Take care... You sound just like his little brother."

You glanced back at the insect pillar with confusion. "He has... A little brother?" That would explain the warmth in his gaze. Almost everyone who looked at you either stared intently at the lingering scars on your neck and wrists or a cold glare.