4 - Yotsuba's Request

Right now I was with Yotsuba on a walk because she desperately wanted to talk to me. Her cheery, lifeful and bright aura was nowhere to be seen. Her contagious smile was also non existing. For the moment it looks like she was a complete different person, one that has been fighting with herself for a long time.

We've walked for some time now without saying a word since I felt I should give her a little time to open herself up to me.

We arrived at a bench where no camera or a person was nearby, the cold night breeze hit the both of us and the sky was so clear that you could gaze at the stars. Without hesitation we both sat on the bench and then I started to converse to her.

Ayanokoji: So why did you want to talk to me?

Yotsuba reluctantly responded to me with her eyes on the floor.

Yotsuba: Uhm I really don't know how to start this...

Ayanokoji: From your face I can tell that it's serious, so just tell me.

Yotsuba: You know how I told you that me and my sisters are bad at academics?

Ayanokoji: Yes I recall that from the talk we had when we first met.

Yotsuba: It's part of the reason why me and my sisters enrolled here at this school.

I wondered about that too, if Maruo really wanted them to have a safe future then why not let them enroll from the start since chairman Sakayanagi probably wouldn't hold anything against it. In the end he let them enroll after a few months after the start, so he'd have no problem with enrolling them from the start right?

Ayanokoji: Part of? So there is more?

Yotsuba: Yeah and I'd like you to not tell anyone Ayanokoji-kun, is that fine with you?

Ayanokoji: Sure but before you state it, tell me why did you decide to tell me? There are probably more suited people for something like that.

Yotsuba put on a weak smile which was fake but it was still a beautiful one.

Yotsuba: I know that we don't really know each other but with you I'm certain that you won't tell anyone since you're someone who avoids trouble so I've heard.

Ayanokoji: Where did you hear that?

Yotsuba: Horikita and others said that you're not noticeable but that's not the only reason.

Not noticeable? That hurts my feelings.

Ayanokoji: What's the other reason?

Yotsuba: Your eyes. They don't have any trace of darkness or anything scary to them. They seem harmless.

Ayanokoji: Thank you Yotsuba. I'm satisfied thus you can start telling me about the thing you wanted to tell me.

Yotsuba took a deep breath and as she did so she closed her eyes for a second and then started talking.

Yotsuba: As I mentioned that was only part of the reason why we enrolled here. The truth is that we were in another high school named Asahiyama High School. We five sisters had to pass the next exam. We prepared since we didn't want to disappoint our father and so we studied very hard. And then when we received our results, everyone one of my sisters passed all expect...

Ayanokoji: expect for you?

Yotsuba: Yes and they all transferred with me even though only I had failed. Our father searched for another high school and then we were transferred here.

I thought as much when Maruo said that it is quintessential that every one of them had to graduate. But chairman Sakayanagi probably didn't only do this because Maruo is acquainted to him. I assume that there was a lot of money involved as well.