52 - Blue Lock!

𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕤

19th March, 4:30 PM

   "Let's aim for Class A!"

The phrase resonated through Nino's room as all the faces of the quintuplets were etched with confusion and surprise.

As to why they were flabbergasted, it was due to the person suggesting this.

    "Nino...?" mumbled Itsuki under her breath.

    "Question!" Yotsuba yelled, raising her hand immediately like a student that desperately wants to answer the question the teacher posed.

    "Yes, Yotsuba?"

    "What makes you say this, Nino?"

All eyes in the room shifted to Nino, who—for the first time ever—showed any interest in ascending to Class A. Yotsuba raised the question everyone had in mind.

    "I mean, it's just the best for us to aim for Class A, right?"

Yotsuba slowly nodded to her question, yet there still lingered uncertainty.

    "You seem awfully enthusiastic about this. There has to be another reason," remarked Miku, suspicious about Nino's abrupt eagerness.

    "I agree," Ichika agreed, nodding.

Seeing how her sisters were prying deeper for deeper reasoning, Nino's shoulder dropped and she sighed heavily. There was no point in keeping this a secret any longer.

    "It would help me achieve the goal I have."

Inquisitiveness within them increased, wondering what Nino's objective behind all of this was.

However, Yotsuba seemed to be on a completely another page, her mind stuck on a different interpretation of the word "goal." While the rest of the group tried to decipher Nino's plan, Yotsuba couldn't help but picture a soccer ball flying past a goalkeeper and into the net.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a true egoist.

    "What kind of goal?" Yotsuba demanded, thinking of all sorts of goals you score in football.

    "Being useful to a certain someone," Nino revealed, her eyes on the floor as her fists clenched.

With this, she lost Yotsuba completely. Though, she eventually ended up realizing it.

    "Kiyotaka, you mean," Miku guessed, correctly at that, perplexing the others as Nino's eyes slightly bulged.

    "Does that mean...?"

    "Yep. She likes Ayanokoji-kun, Itsuki," Ichika confirmed, finishing the sentence for her.

Itsuki's eyes widened in startlement, and her hand instinctively wandered to her temple as if she were trying to physically process the revelation.

    "Woah..." gasped Itsuki after the "unexpected" news.

    "Wasn't this obvious already?" muttered Miku, just loud enough for Nino to overhear.

    "No, it wasn't!" Nino instantly fended off, blushing slightly.

It was. Blatantly obvious, in fact.

    "All right, Miku asserted, standing up, so they were at the same eye height, "then I'll follow the same goal."

The air around them suddenly crackled with intense energy, as if sparks threatened to enkindle at any moment. And all of a sudden, there was a silent crackling noise.