53 - Potential

𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕤

20th March 9:20 AM, Ayanokoji POV

"I may have underestimated you, Ayanokoji-kun. However, can you win?" Hoshinomiya began, her once-welcoming smile now replaced by a stern gaze.

Her eyes pierced into mine, frustration and impatience simmering within her pupils.

"Are you doubting the possibility?"

Hoshinomiya's mien turned progressively grimmer and she started to get worked up as her eyebrow commenced to slightly jitter.

"When it comes to academics, you have undoubtedly surpassed your peers," she conceded begrudgingly. "But can you lead Class D to victory against Class A?"

Her perception of Class D remained tainted, her skepticism overshadowing any hope of success. While our chances were not as bleak as she believed, there was no denying that Class A was the formidable favorite.

An awkward silence settled upon us, and before I could respond, Sakagami, Class C's homeroom teacher, intervened, placing a calming hand on Hoshinomiya's shoulder.

"It's not our place to interfere, Hoshinomiya," he stated calmly, diffusing the tension that had permeated the air.

Hoshinomiya sighed deeply, her shoulders relaxing as she nodded, seemingly accepting her defeat.

"Fufu."

Sakayanagi couldn't help but let out a faint giggle, her attention shifting to the middle screen.

"What's the next game?"

All of our eyes were redirected to the middle screen to see what the next game was.

"It's Class D's assignment; the history essay."

This task was another one of our own creation.

Within the confines of this particular assignment, the rules were elegantly simple:

Two students, carefully selected representatives from each class, would step onto the stage of this mini-game.

One would assume the role of the narrator, tasked with articulating a random historical event with clarity and precision. Their words would flow like a river, and their narrative had to be flawless.

The other, a diligent scribe, held the responsibility of transcribing this historical chronicle with rapid dexterity onto their phone, striving to capture every word as it left the narrator's lips.

The true challenge lay in crafting an essay that would exceed the minimum requirement of 400 words, a task that demanded both speed and accuracy.

However, it was not merely a race against time; the ultimate scrutiny came from the discerning eyes of the educators who would judge their work. In the event of a tie, the scales of victory would tip in favor of the team whose essay held the greater depth and breadth of historical insight.

For this assignment, I selected Miku and Nino, and the rationale behind the choice was clear.

Miku excelled in history, and when it came to texting over the phone, Nino was unrivaled.

Let's see how capable they really are.

𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕤

9:25 AM, Kaiya POV

"Good luck, Nino and Miku!" Itsuki encouraged cordially, her smile mirroring genuine support.