Epilogue - "The End"

𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕤

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka POV

"I see. So that is the current state of affairs," I remarked, following Yotsuba's account of recent events as we strolled side-by-side.

As we ambled down the pathway, the late afternoon sun painted the scene with its golden hues, creating elongated, spectral companions that danced alongside our footsteps.

The air carried a faint scent of blooming cherry blossoms, a reminder of the fleeting beauty of youth that filled the atmosphere.

Subsequent to the confession, significant developments had taken place over the past few days, not only among the quintuplets but throughout the school.

Most notably, Horikita had decided to join Ryueen's class.

As Yotsuba attempted to reassure me, she mentioned, "But apparently, Nino and Miku are in better spirits now compared to the past few days."

Concern laced my inquiry as I asked, "Are you okay, Yotsuba?" My perceptive gaze delved beyond her outward cheerfulness.

"Eh... I'm fine, I'm fine!" Yotsuba responded with an effervescent smile, though it thinly veiled the underlying sadness.

"I see," I acknowledged, intuitively grasping the complexity of her emotions.

Prying further wouldn't be any good right now.

Our attention shifted ahead as we neared a dead-end in the alley. A door typically reserved for staff use loomed at the far end, leading out of the campus. It seemed we had ventured quite a distance.

As we approached the end of the alley, the door came into view. Its surface bore the polished insignia of the school, marking it as an official exit. The emblem's fading golden hues contrasted with the doorknob's cold, metallic sheen.

"Hm? I think that's..."

Before Yotsuba could finish her thought, the door swung open, revealing a figure of our age. However, I have never encountered that person before.

That must mean...

Standing before Yotsuba and Ayanokoji was no ordinary individual.

Someone who was yet unbeknownst to them.

The heir to the throne of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka after his disappearance from the white room.

One who wielded abilities that rivaled the heights of Oliana and Ayanokoji!

With a wicked smirk adorning his features, he brushed past us without an ounce of remorse, even bumping into Yotsuba without offering an apology.

Nonchalantly, he finished her sentence.

"The end."

5th April 4:30 PM

Yagami Takuya arrives.

THE END

Thanks for reading!

What a journey it has been!

Ideas, wishes, and more are still welcome!

Some SS may be added else...

Continuation following in the new story: CotE: Quintuplets Y2!