45 - This moment

4th February 6:00 PM

"Are you sure it's like this, Miku?" she queried with her eyebrow flickering up and down. She was clearly terrified by what I had just created.

"One hundred percent," I confirmed with my hands around my hips, demonstrating my confidence.

Sure, it may not look very appetizing, but Ayanokoji-kun assured me it tastes fine.

"Then I'll try something different."

"Sure," I approved of Kaiya's notion, examining every next move of hers.

Attentively I monitored how she prepared her egg rolls. With each step, my confidence diminished gradually.

"How can it be that yours looks better than mine even though I'm supposed to teach you?" I groaned in disappointment while leaving my head hanging.

Why I was disheartened became abundantly clear when viewing our respective bento boxes. Whereas mine was plain looking, hers almost shone with elegance.

What makes it even sadder is the fact that she begged me to help her.

Kaiya tried to forbear her snickering but couldn't.

"Hahahaha, don't be discouraged," she cheered me up, palpitating me on the shoulder. I lifted my head and faced her.

"Let's do this more often," I suggested, to which she smilingly assented.

"Yes, this was fun."

A smile blossomed on my lips, and I gathered my things, although Kaiya insisted on staying behind a tad longer. I didn't question it any further.

I wonder for what reason he summoned me...

𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕤

4th February 6:30 PM

While I was fiddling with the phone at the location where I had met with Kaiya the previous day, I distinctly heard soft but also loud and heavy foot stomping heading towards me.

"Why did you call me here with her again?" Nino demanded, sounding revolted at the fact I had summoned them together.

Miku, slacking behind, was also not quite fond of me calling both of them out. It's not like I had a choice.

"To make up for yesterday's bonfire."

"The bonfire dance?"

"Precisely," I responded noddingly. Correspondingly, I observed a change in their attitudes.

None of us were properly dressed but wore a school uniform, but that is insubstantial.

"Will you provide us with the answer?"

An answer, huh?

"I'll dance with you now," I answered, skillfully swerving the question thrown at me. I lifted myself from the trunk I was perched on, and put on music on my phone.

Not knowing what music was pertinent, I played the music the school performed at the bonfire yesterday, just to be on the safe side.

However, their agitation didn't die down. Instead, Miku's upper body was leaning towards me, and Nino was twirling around a wisp of hair.

"W-Who do you mean by you?" asked Nino, the agitation now evident in her voice.

Are they just pretending, or are they serious?