SS 42.5.1 - Eat, Study, Ayanokoji?!

3rd February 7:45 PM

"So yummy!" I sang after snagging a piece of the toasted marshmallow.

In the meantime, the others were bustling about socializing or dancing with each other.

"I want a bite, too!" appealed Yotsuba, eager to sample the flavor of the marshmallow.

"Here you go," I mouthed, extending the stick to which the marshmallow was strapped after savoring an additional mouthful.

"Mh?"

Instead of digging in, Yotsuba eyed me incredulously as I munched in puzzlement.

"You're an imposter!" accused Yotsuba loudly while pointing at me with her index finger.

Wait, h-hold on!

"Ha!? Yotsuba, what do you mean?" I questioned in an agitated manner while simultaneously not trying to panic.

"Itsuki would never share her food with me!" she proclaimed as the number of spectators increased.

"J-Just take a bite!" I hastily prompted her before drawing more unwanted attention to ourselves.

Ultimately, Yotsuba took a bite after hesitating for another few moments.

"This is so good!"

Yotsuba's face lit up and was seemingly melting while she was enjoying the marshmallow.

"You can eat the remainder. I'm heading out now," I remarked as I rose from my seat.

"Huh? Where are you going, Itsuki?" queried Yotsuba dazedly.

"I want to study a little more."

With these concluding words, I beckoned Yotsuba goodbye and returned to our room.

***

3rd February 8:00 PM

Arrived in our room, I seized my notebook, opened my math book, and started right away.

"All right, let's give it all I've got," I commented as I put my glasses on.

***

3rd February 9:49 PM

"T-The answer isn't 140?"

Initially, I was optimistic, but after seeing the approach, I gradually realized I was entirely mistaken.

The solution was... 'x' = 4.

X, this particular letter reminds me of one individual...

Agh, whatever.

I folded my notes and books shut, grabbed one of my towels, and filled the bathtub with warm water.

***

3rd February 9:58 PM

"I'm a failure," I muttered to myself while faint steam escaped from the bathtub I was laying in.

I had been studying for roughly two hours, yet there was little to no progress.

Due to me being so quiet, I was able to overhear the many students cheering and celebrating the bonfire.

I reckon this was the normal thing to do, yet I'm here studying and relaxing, huh?

To be truthful, this time was soothing and beneficial for me, as the role of class leader was strenuous.

"Then again, it's mostly Ayanokoji-kun who helps me," I told myself.

Ayanokoji-kun...

I wonder how he's doing since he was unable to attend the bonfire due to being ill.

Recently, a lot came to mind when recalling his name.

Will he leave our class? What is on his mind? How is he doing?

If Ayanokoji-kun was here right now...

Agh! What am I even thinking!?

He'd see me naked. That's... too indecent!

It'd be the same when we walked into him when he was showering in the public shower- Uah!?

N-no. I wasn't completely naked, but I-I did see... no!

Upon reminiscing about that l-lewd remembrance, I sensed a tingling in the area of my abdomen while tenderly rubbing my legs together.

W-What's wrong with me?

And by the way, is the water getting warmer? Perhaps it's just the room getting hotter due to the steam...

Anyhow, I wonder...

Just what holds the future for us?

A/N: I came up with this SS spontaneously, so don't mind it. To be honest, I was tempted to write a lemon for my first time, though I decided against it. For now.

I wrote this to redeem Itsuki a little since she was done dirty in the manga and movie in my opinion; I'll make every quintuplet a love interest in my fanfic.

I also wrote it to talk about the situation right now a little. The thing is, I've seen that the last chapter wasn't to everyone's liking. Well, at least it was worse than usually.

Since I've expected it to be a good chapter (one of my best), I guess I lost motivation, but that may be because of my high expectations. Nonetheless, I want to make the next chapter, 43 that is, a little longer in terms of words.

As some of you haven't liked the last chapter, I'll try to keep it short, I guess? I don't know exactly.

I'm contradicting myself LMAO.

So, I'll probably need some time until the next chapter is finished.

Also, I'm a little tempted to do something stupid. That is, ah well... You'll maybe see in Chapter 44 or 45.

Plus, I've been thinking about writing another quintuplets and COTE crossover, this time focusing solely on the quintuplets.

But I'm conflicted.