28 - Avenge

Thenceforth, from the moment I caught sight of her for the first time, I was convinced that it was her.

"Is something wrong, Ayanokoji-kun?" It wasn't too long before Miku noticed me eyeing the black and blue-haired student from a distance.

"It's nothing, I was just taken aback to meet a new student." Turning my gaze to Miku, who seemed somewhat surprised that I was observing the new student, the answer however seemed to satisfy her.

"Well, in that case, I'll go on ahead with my sisters to greet her." She told me to which I merely nodded my head to indicate she is free to leave, however before leaving, she gazed back once again.

"You should introduce yourself as well."

"So, what is her name?" Seeing that they were acquainted with one another, I asked for her name.

"Her name is Kaiya."

"I see, I'll be right there," I notified her, and along with a slight nod, she, with her other sisters, headed in the direction of Kaiya.

On the document the chairman had handed me which contained the information about the students who would enroll here, Uesugi Futaro, Nanase Tsubasa, and Hosen Kazumi were all listed, yet she was nowhere to be found on that list.

Neither one of them had any remarkable aptitudes or skills, from what I recall, at least.

The possibility also existed that she had been sent by my father, but upon observing how the quintuplets recognized her, that eventuality was virtually out of the question.

Torn from my thoughts, I viewed from afar how the six of them rejoiced at their reunion, which could be seen from their dazzling smiles.

Slowly, but steadily, I likewise moved in their direction. As I approached them, they didn't seem to realize my presence, being too busy talking to each other.

They must be great friends.

Eventually, after advancing a few meters in their direction, my presence was detected, not by the quintuplets, but by Kaiya, who regarded me with an inquisitive look and tilted her head to the side.

"Who is that?" The girl asked the quintuplets, her eyes however remained on me.

Once Nino turned her head in my direction, the dazzling in her face, in less than a second, faded.

"He's a classmate from us," Nino said in a pissed-off tone and stuck her tongue out for a second.

Throughout the entire day she had been acting this way toward me, and even now she has entered into her bad mood again.

As such, calling me a classmate is her way of getting back at me, huh? Frankly, I can't blame her, considering I did the same thing when Maruo showed up.

"I suppose, we don't know each other yet, but nice to meet you."

"You're right, the feeling's mutual," She replied as her smile once again emerged on her face.

"The six of you seem to know each other, so I assume that it is because of something in the past?" I asked right after that, it was the perfect opportunity to gather some information.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, she went to the same middle school as we did."

"Unfortunately, she wasn't in our class," Yotsuba remarked.

"In contrast to us, she was a model student, hahaha..." stated Ichika, scratching her head and laughing mildly.

"Besides, she is one year younger than us." Itsuki, the youngest of them, proudly filled me in.