19 - Stop prying Nino

As I was following Chabashira to the faculty office, she didn't utter a single word throughout the whole way. Moreover when she called me out, she behaved very strangely.

I considered to try to loosen her tense attitude with a joke but ultimately decided against it and left it at that. Arrived at the faculty room, she quickly shot me a glance and when she did, I was able to notice that her nervousness was higher than I had anticipated.

Her eyes harbored anxiety, but before I was able to say something, she excused herself and left quickly.

Chabashira: Go in the faculty room, there are some people waiting for you. I'll take my leave.

Now it was just me alone standing in front of the faculty room, with a quick breather, I slowly cracked the door open.

As soon as I opened the door, I was met with three gazes from three men. On one side there was the school principal and on the other side there were two familiar faces.

Although they were familiar faces, I didn't expected them to see them here and so soon. In addition I wouldn't have anticipated to see them simultaneously.

After entering the room and taking a closer look at the school principal, I was able to spot sweat drops on his forehead.

Moreover he seems to be quite shaken by the presence of the two men. As soon as I entered the room, he took the chance to escape.

Principal: So he's here now, now you can have your talk right?

Ayanopapa: Yes, that's sufficient.

Principal: T-Then I'll take my leave.

Without anyone uttering another word, he took his leave without reluctance. When he left the room, he closed the door behind him.

As the door closed, I was now able to feel the tension in the atmosphere that has been prevailing for a while now. Neither party breached the absolute silence, but instead I was struck by a sharp gaze, one so sharp that it could pierce through the soul.

Ultimately, one of the two men finally broke the lingering silence.

Ayanopapa: It's been a while Kiyotaka. How about you take a seat? I came all the way here to meet you, after all.

It has been one ye- no one and a half years since I've last heard this man's voice. His way of speaking and tone hasn't changed in the slightest.

Kiyotaka: I plan to meet some friends after this, so I don't plan to hold a long conversation.

As soon as these words left my mouth, I quickly glanced at the other man next to that man, but it seems like he will remain silent for now.

Ayanopapa: Friends? Don't make me laugh, you're not capable of such things.

That was typical for him, assuming that he's right even though he hasn't seen how I've lived so far.

Kiyotaka: Whether we talk or not, it won't change anything.

With him here, this can only mean that he's after one thing; my drop out. And it seems like I was right, after my remark, he cut straight to the heart of the matter.

As soon as he did, his gaze sharpened even more. His gaze was comparable to a blade, I'm certain many people were harmed by it, however, I just took them straight on.

Ayanopapa: I've prepared all the documents for you to drop out. All I need is a 'yes' from you.

Kiyotaka: I have no reason to drop out.

Ayanopapa: This might be true for you, but I have my own reasons.

Before replying to him, I deliberately let a brief moment of silence pass by. After that, I reluctantly answered him.